Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 packaging?
AirFit P10 packaging?
Have a packaging question on the P10. I purchased one online and it arrived in its packaging, a box, in an envelope. The packaging had all the logos, and pictures, but it wasn't sealed, no shrink wrap, or tape. When I opened the box, the mask, tubing and head gear were nicely placed in their respective areas, but not sealed. Seems like when I purchased my FX, it was in a sealed bag, and even the nasal pillows were in separate baggies in the larger bag. (I could be a bit off on all the details though of the FX).

The seller said it was new and never used, I just expected better packaging for a medical device.

Is that how yours arrived?

Thanks,
HD

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
I suspect you received one that was meant for DME's, not end users. Do your straps have a stamp on them that say "Not for Resale?" The mask is fine. There is someone (or maybe lots of someone's) that are getting free product for DME's and Sleep Clinics to try that are then selling them on the internet.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 12:07 PM)HDApnea Wrote: The seller said it was new and never used, I just expected better packaging for a medical device.

I've only had maybe 5 different masks, and over the years, my wife has had maybe a dozen+.

Every single one has come in a sealed plastic bag. Never had a P10, though. Maybe it's different, but I'm guessing not.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 12:25 PM)tcarmen Wrote:
(05-28-2014, 12:07 PM)HDApnea Wrote: The seller said it was new and never used, I just expected better packaging for a medical device.

I've only had maybe 5 different masks, and over the years, my wife has had maybe a dozen+.

Every single one has come in a sealed plastic bag. Never had a P10, though. Maybe it's different, but I'm guessing not.

Mine came the same way but it appeared brand new.
Post Reply Post Reply
All masks supplied by Resmed intended for patient use will be in the nifty sealed plastic baggie. But they do provide masks in a more generic packaging (no cute plastic bag) for use of the sleep clinics and for demo purposes. These are fine masks, but not intended for retail sale. It makes one wonder if the cute sanitary plastic bag is really necessary, or if it's simply done to impress the folk.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 06:19 PM)retired_guy Wrote: All masks supplied by Resmed intended for patient use will be in the nifty sealed plastic baggie. But they do provide masks in a more generic packaging (no cute plastic bag) for use of the sleep clinics and for demo purposes. These are fine masks, but not intended for retail sale. It makes one wonder if the cute sanitary plastic bag is really necessary, or if it's simply done to impress the folk.

If it's in the original bag, it means that you're not getting a mask that was used for a few days by some guy who has TB or some other communicable disease.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a reminder, this is the Review Forum. For general questions about a mask or other product, it is best to ask it on the Main Forum so everyone can benefit from it. Not many read the Review section. (fixed)

When I got my P10, the mask and hose was in a small box, neatly laid out in a form-fitting plastic "bed". One set of pillows was attached. The other two were in little ziploc baggies.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 11:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Just a reminder, this is the Review Forum. For general questions about a mask or other product, it is best to ask it on the Main Forum so everyone can benefit from it. Not many read the Review section.

When I got my P10, the mask and hose was in a small box, neatly laid out in a form-fitting plastic "bed". One set of pillows was attached. The other two were in little ziploc baggies.

AH-HA! No wonder it didn't work for you. You got the one that the guy with TB didn't need anymore!

Also, how about split all this diatribe off the reviews section onto the regular forum for us? ...and thanks for that. I remember from my old "mod" days that it gets way tedious to keep track of all this stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
Peanut can do that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] AirFit P10 packaging?
Thank you peanut.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,261 8 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,319 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,990 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 301 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 987 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.