Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak
AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak
gah. This P10 mask is 5 weeks old. Last night it somehow sprung a leak --- the tube where it connects to the mask. Quite a sizeable leak, too. It woke me up. I have a message in to my DME to see about replacing it.
Is this a common problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak
Hi Clementine,
So far, I haven't had that problem yet but mine isn't quite 5 weeks old. Those tubes are so thin, I wondered if they wouldn't be easily punctured. I haven't heard of anyone else having that particular problem, though.
Good luck getting it straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems to be very thin and vulnerable right there at that joining of the tube to the mask. That's where the leak is.

I wasn't hard on the tube or mask, either. I did notice it does feel somewhat flimsy there and I didn't want to accidentally break it or something, so I have been gently cleaning and handling it. Apparently I turned last night and it was enough force that it pulled the tube away slightly from the mask. It is about a quarter- to half-inch opening where it pulled apart.

It really needs to be a joint that swivels or something . . . . rather than the fixed joint.

Just got a call back from the DME and they assure me that they will get me set up with another mask for tonight -- I wonder if it will be a loaner. I'm not supposed to get a new one for another few months.
Post Reply Post Reply
First I have heard of it -- and I follow any messages about the P10 closely.

I would think they would replace a (fairly) new one like yours.

After that, either silicone cement or silver tape or both -- depending on precisely where and how the leak manifests.

I have used one mask to replacement although like a worn house shoe it still servers me some nights and started my 2nd P10, but that is just a one off anecdotal story.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope your P10 gets replaced free of charge. It should. I just got a new P10 three days ago. Yes it is super light, simple, and maybe even a bit flimsy but I LOVE IT!!. Mine is so comfortable, easy on/off, and for some odd reason I can turn from side to side without leaking. My old nasal setup is good, very good, but I have to be very careful rolling on to my sides. The P10 being so simple and light, I figured would be more prone to leaking but not so far.

I hope it hangs in there for the long haul, because I could learn to love this one.

My DME loaded me up with goodies, saying that I was due under Medicare/insurance guidelines. So, I got a new/spare tank, new hose, filters, AND the P10. Pretty weird when getting CPAP stuff is like Christmas.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL. I can understand how it would feel like Christmas. Big Grin

I did get a free replacement yesterday; the DME will send it back to the company as faulty. Now I'm going to feel like I cannot turn over for fear of cracking that tube again . . .

I'm okay with the P10 but I do have some leaks when turning over. Not enough to cause problems, I guess. I still get the smiley face. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got mine finally and have yet to open the box and use it. I hope it is problem free and glad to hear they are replacing it.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,188 3 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 10 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,574 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.