Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 vent blocked?
RE: AirFit P10 vent blocked?
Heffy,

Sorry to hear you're having issues, I have tried to make the P10 "work" again with no good results. Cleaning with vinegar, drying out for a few DAYS - no good...I poked additional holes (about 8 per vent/side) with a safety pins - no good either - can't even see the holes as the mesh compacts back over the holes.

At this point I am tempted to get another headgear and see if it works, but more importantly in the meantime I have been using the ResMed Swift FX mask. It's heavier than the P10 but the pillows are similar and there is a vent on the front. Sure it blows air and you can feel a breeze but there is no CO2 backup, you use more water from the humidifier and your "leak" is higher but not really - you might want to try?

If we could add the Swift FX vent to the P10 it would be awesome (and a swiveling hose piece, too)
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you guys tried soaking the headgear for a few hours in a solution of baby shampoo and water? Then brush the mesh with a soft tooth brush.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2015, 04:31 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 04:27 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: You don't find that the stretchy bands stretch too far out of shape? I do. I was getting lots of mask leaks. I was told to soak them in hot water to bring them back into the original size, and I've had to to do that. AND unfortunately, they don't come apart from the mesh that is giving other people problems.

you can disassemble it to clean it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6YkYuqqk0

(07-06-2015, 04:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The fabric head gear separates from the mask frame. Next to the mask attachment, just pull the fabric towards the mask, then lift it off the plastic support. It works like a button. You can throw it in the laundry and dryer, and it will be like new.

OH!! Thank you!! This is great to know! Happy Dance!!

[ UN happy dance for forum software which didn't bother to tell me that there were replies to this thread until the message AFTER these, and in fact didn't think that these two replies were new at all. I happened to back up to read them, or I'd have missed them entirely. I'm not used to the way this forum software works, at all! Yes, I'm subscribed to this thread, with email notification.]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 12:42 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: [ UN happy dance for forum software which didn't bother to tell me that there were replies to this thread until the message AFTER these, and in fact didn't think that these two replies were new at all. I happened to back up to read them, or I'd have missed them entirely. I'm not used to the way this forum software works, at all! Yes, I'm subscribed to this thread, with email notification.]

As far as email notifications, this is a forum, not a listserv (which is via emails primarily). So you have to come here to read the messages; the thread subscriptions are only there as a courtesy to tell you you've got new messages in the thread. You will generally only get one email notification, no matter how many additional replies have been given in the thread.

Also, the forum software will not give you additional notifications until you come here and read the thread, because the software "reasons" that if you didn't bother to come to the forum after it sent out the first notification, you're not interested in receiving additional email notifications. If this were not so, multiple emails would be going out to you numerous times each day, and generally, forum members don't want their email box spammed like that with an email sent out for each and every new post in a thread. Plus, sending out that many emails bogs down the server.

There is a way to read your unread posts and threads, see the Member Account Help Forum for more details, or specifically this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Links-Etc

Hope this helps!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 01:52 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: You will generally only get one email notification, no matter how many additional replies have been given in the thread.

Also, the forum software will not give you additional notifications until you come here and read the thread, because the software "reasons" that if you didn't bother to come to the forum after it sent out the first notification, you're not interested in receiving additional email notifications.

Actually, that *is* what I'm used to. I'm on a couple of other forums, and I am used to that behavior. So when I get a notice, I come and read to see how many messages there are. But it didn't send me an email until a later comment. Just very weird! And it didn't send an earlier mail that went in my spam box, because I always check that before I delete it.

Cue the Hitchcock theme music.
Deb
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes the email server burps. We tried pouring Alka-Seltzer into the server box to help the situation and found out it's just better to live with the occasional burps.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 10:49 PM)Heffy Wrote:
I had the same problem. I've been using the AirFit P10 for about 9 months with no issues. Best sleep I've had in a decade. Then I changed out the mask because the head straps were getting loose. That night I could not exhale throw the new mask and hose. I checked all the configurations and everything was put together correctly. It made we wake up and pull the mask off immediately because I couldn't breath. I sat up and could inhale and exhale normally without the mask on. I found it interesting that so many people have had a similar experience. I don't want to switch masks, as this one was PERFECT. I haven't used it for several weeks and I am exhausted now. Yawning all day long. I'm going to try everyone's different suggestions and see if I can go to sleep with it tonight. I'm really stressed as it was working so good before. I too, like others, feel like this headset is defective somehow.

Jeff

same thing happened on my last new one. I just kept blowing out thru it and it miraculously opened up.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Deb... hit the ==> arrow next to a thread that is bolded (new replies) and it will take u to the first unread. hope that helps
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this post.

I switched from the Swift FX to the
P10 months ago- love its lack of weight, and the diffuser (my wife really loves the diffuser on it) but the last few nights I couldn't breath, all of a sudden. Nice to know I am not unique. I has washed the pillows but never the diffuser part, until yesterday. The night before I was out camping and the weather in the van was freezing and I could see beads of water all through the hose, after the humidifer so guess the vents got loaded with water fast, and that was it. So went without on Saturday - and felt horrible all sunday. So sunday when we got home gave it a good wash, shook it dry (yeah, right) and couldn't breath through it - so used the good ole Swift FX to get some good sleep.

I have just called the better half and had her put the P10 in a tub of warm soapy water to soak until I get home to finish the clean and then hang it up to dry. I have some dessicant so will put it in the jar with it to finish the drying but expect to spend another night with the Swift FX though.

I will also be having a look to see what Sleepyhead tells me when I get home after all the hints and clues in this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok..maybe my anxiety and the sleep deprivation has me worried for no reason.

After reading this thread I am worried about my P10 Airfit mask being clogged as well, and maybe that's why I keep taking it off. I remember when I first started using the mask when I got my machine about 3 weeks ago I felt like I was suffocating. I was told this was something a lot of new users feel, and to adjust my ramp and EPR levels.

Done!!

I never really felt the same suffocating feeling again, but at times it does feel like I can't exhale all of the way and have to forcefully blow hard out of my nose to eliminate this feeling. I do feel a slight amount of warm air coming out upon exhale, and the cool air upon inhalation. Do you think this mask is clogged? How can I tell if I'm getting all of the exhaled air out and not re-breathing it along with CO2?

I'm sorry if I sound dumb or dramatic..but with this recent diagnosis of acidosis I am really looking into all areas that may be contributing to this diagnosis.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,265 9 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,331 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,585 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,990 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 301 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 988 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.