Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
AirFit P10
Well I seem to have settled on a mask finally. At least for now. It's the Resmed Airfit P10.

The thing is, I have to wear a chinstrap with it, or any other mask for that matter to keep the leak thing under control.

But by putting the chinstrap on first, then the P10, I get a comfortable fit and a near-perfect seal.

Herb has espoused the virtues of this little mask for awhile around here, and he's pretty much right on. One of the things he mentioned was that he tried and got a good seal with the large nose thingy instead of just staying with the medium. With the medium I was having a problem with one of the nostril thingys leaking a bit when I'd turn over, and I didn't like that all that much. So I tried the large, and by gum once again Herb hit the head on the nail! It seals very nicely and I very often end up checking the machine because it doesn't seem like it's turned on. But it is, and it's really working well.

The other thing I did was since my AHI's have been behaving so nicely, I thought I'd shake things up a bit. So last night I dropped my pressures from 12/15 to 11/13, and my ramp time to 5 minutes. That worked fine as my ahi's came up to around 1.0..... So that's ok, and with the slightly lower average pressure I don't have that "full" feeling this morning.

So thanks Herb for continuing to harp about the little P10. It does work very well for me. I'm sorry it doesn't work better for Paula, but that just reinforces the thingy that everyone is different.

Actually that's not true. I'm not different. Everyone else is different, but not me. I'm not different.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10
Hi retired_guy

Good to hear that the AirFit P10 works well fir you.
I am still waiting for the mask becoming available here in Switzerland. So far neither ResMed nor the DME have been able to give a date concerning the availability in Switzerland.
So I am still stuck using either the Swift FX Nano or Swift FX masks for now.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
How come you guys seem to have instant success with the P10?

I think it is the most comfortable mask I have worn but am still concerned about fit and leaks.
I would love to be able to tighten it more.
I, too think think I need the large pillow and have ordered one but have to wait two weeks for delivery from the U.S.
I am hoping for a better fit once I receive the larger pillow.

That is great news retired_guy that you have had great success with this little beauty.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 12:04 PM)gjw Wrote: Hi retired_guy

Good to hear that the AirFit P10 works well fir you.
I am still waiting for the mask becoming available here in Switzerland. So far neither ResMed nor the DME have been able to give a date concerning the availability in Switzerland.
So I am still stuck using either the Swift FX Nano or Swift FX masks for now.

;-> gjw

Same here - I asked the LungenLiga, but they had no clue. In fact, they had never heard of it, nor did the Unispital.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 04:54 PM)DocWils Wrote: Same here - I asked the LungenLiga, but they had no clue. In fact, they had never heard of it, nor did the Unispital.

Hi DocWils

Well my contact at the LungenLiga Zürich was aware of the AirFit P10, but had no idea as to when they would get any in stock. ResMed Switzerland said they would contact me via mail, once they hade a date regarding the availability of the AirFit P10.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it is working out for you, retired guy!

When you have the time, could you please do a review of the mask?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AirFit-P10

Be sure to read the guidelines.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5546

I'll be adding my own review of this mask soon.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 11:53 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Glad it is working out for you, retired guy!

When you have the time, could you please do a review of the mask?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AirFit-P10

Be sure to read the guidelines.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5546

I'll be adding my own review of this mask soon.

Ok, I'll do that. Can I use informal terms like "it's gooder than others..." or should I stay with more formal stuff like "it's hunky-dorie."
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny thing is, I don't remember recommending the large pillows Smile

I do remember saying that everyone should try EVERY SIZE, sleep with the best one a few nights, then go back and try them all again.

So far every pillow has WORKED well for me, and the one that seemed the least likely is the one that gets used 6 nights out of 7 -- the small. Mostly at first because it seemed to delivery lower AHI.

If you have an almost snug fit, you might not benefit from tighter. It's certain that were it possible then I would be tightening the P10 down quite a bit, but by having to wear it "as is" it turns out that loose works just fine (not sloppy, just loose -- 2 martinis, not a 5th of gin.)

Seriously, the thing is not even snug, but luckily that is just a perfect fit for my silly head.

Talk about lucky. Maybe that should be my middle name.

Oh, what this about "harping"? Wink

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 11:41 PM)gjw Wrote:
(04-07-2014, 04:54 PM)DocWils Wrote: Same here - I asked the LungenLiga, but they had no clue. In fact, they had never heard of it, nor did the Unispital.

Hi DocWils

Well my contact at the LungenLiga Zürich was aware of the AirFit P10, but had no idea as to when they would get any in stock. ResMed Switzerland said they would contact me via mail, once they hade a date regarding the availability of the AirFit P10.

;-> gjw

I am pretty sure your contact knew of it because I had had them search for it the moment the mask was announced. They don't keep on top of things there, machine and mask wise, unless you nudge them. Normally they wait for the manufacturers to send around either a representative or a brochure and then disseminate it to the various branches. I asked them about the mask more than two months ago, AFAIR. I didn't bother to contact ResMed though, as my normal channels of supply are through the LL or the hospital. One of the advantages of wearing a white coat, I guess (okay, I never wear one, I hate them, but you get the idea).

BTW, I didn't know we had another Swiss member here. Hiya! And isn't it wonderful, the international make-up of our little forum? The Internet is truly an amazing thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
herbm - I tack my hose up over my head to the wall - can't stand it hanging down around my body. With the FX that isn't an issue due to the easy swivel, but how do you think the AF10 will do in that regard with no swivel and no top of head strap to secure the hose to?

I am always interested in a better mask, but I have to admit with all the mods I have made to my FX, it is now comfortable, quiet and doesn't blow hard on anything (took a bit for doing and 3D milling for that, though). Still, I WANT TO TRY IT! NEW TOY!!!!! NEW TOY NOW!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,452 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,783 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 267 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 946 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,323 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.