Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
(07-14-2014, 07:09 PM)Clementine Wrote: It gets so that one doesn't even feel the glasses on the face. Is that a good analogy?

Yup, that is a good one.

Quote: LOL Waking up and feeling refreshed? What a strange new development, LOL.

You see? It's those little victories that add up.

You probably got some deep sleep, something that was rare when your sleep apnea was untreated.

Some days you will feel good like that, other days you won't. As time goes by you'll have more and more good days and fewer and fewer bad days.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the AirFit P10 nasal pillows for almost two months, now. In that time my average leaks have dropped from nearly 40 L/min every night with my previous mask to, quite literally, 0.0 L/min. It has allowed me to get control of my therapy, and my AHI has steadily dropped since the switch. More importantly, I'm getting a full night's sleep and waking up refreshed…and wondering why I can't feel the mask on my face!
Post Reply Post Reply
Was it hard for you to get used to the mask at first, Latinist? You give me hope . . . lol

I appreciate your support, Sleepster! Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
My p10 "plan" -
1. Lots of nasal rinsing
2. Largest pillows wedge my nose open
3. Keeping humidity low and line heating off stops congestion during the night
4. No ramp and no pre heat ("dry start")
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found washing the P10 pillows with a mild soap every day helps reduce leaks. As others have mentioned, I use one size larger pillows with the P10 than I did with the Swift FX. With the Swift FX I always was aware I was wearing a mask. With the P10 I sometimes forget. I have been using the P10 for three months.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2014, 08:12 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-13-2014, 07:08 PM)Clementine Wrote: How should the mask be sitting in the nose? What should I notice for proper fit?

The lip or ring should be large enough that it doesn't go inside the nostril. Try the smallest size that doesn't go inside the nostril. The strap should be just tight enough to keep that lip tight against each nostril, but don't over tighten it. If your nostrils are sore find the salve used by nursing mothers, available in the baby aisle of any drugstore.

Go to the web site of Supplier #1

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Find your mask and watch the videos.

You can't adjust the tightness of the P10.

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2014, 11:18 PM)herbm Wrote: Receive my new P10 last evening and wore it immediately for a great night's sleep. (0.4)

This is my first replacement P10. The original is still quite serviceable, but the new one does have a headband that is a bit more snug.

On the "film over the exhaust micro screen", I just took a soft brush and gently scrubbed it a bit -- hadn't even realized my original mask had a reduced out flow.

I really shouldn't have to everyone how great this mask is -- my new one was on backorder for almost a month.

My second P10 is scheduled to arrive today. The original is still working fine but I would have to be caught without one.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday I went back to the DME and picked up a large mask for my P10. Yep, LARGE. It worked pretty well but felt huge .... leaks were at 1 and 2, whereas with the medium I generally have no leaks or maybe 1. I'm still confused about how it should be fitting. Medium fits inside my nose. Not far --- isn't that how it needs to seal? But breathing was a bit easier with the large -- but felt so dang big and it felt like if I moved, it would dislodge.

Yeah, I guess I have a big nose . . . . I guess it's my Scottish genes, LOL. Big cheekbones and big nose. gah.

So, while there the tech told me that the men's P10 actually has a larger strap. On the ResMed website, it says they are the same. ????

I keep stretching the women's strap I have and it's getting there .... wasn't too bad for tightness last night. Of course, I'm getting over my head cold, and maybe that was my problem --- full sinuses were sensitive and maybe the straps were aggravating that problem.

It's quite the long process getting the right mask, headgear, etc, isn't it. <sigh>
just confused about the correct size mask for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news Clem,

I use the large pillows. Then after a week or so I use the medium pillows. Then after a week or so I use the large pillows.

Don't really know why. I guess it's just what feels right at the time.

So if you've got them both, you're golden.

.......and no, none of them go "inside" the nostril. They really wouldn't seal that way anyhow, but mostly they're designed to puff up and create a seal on the outside of the nostril. Which is why they're called "pillows."

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I think I will get the men's P10 the next time. I kinda like blue anyway, LOL.

Still, I'm only getting 2-3 hours with this mask before I pull it off my face in the middle of the night. I'm not too worried about that yet. I figure that any wear is good as long as it is happening every night. Perhaps one of these nights I'll sleep with it longer and surprise myself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,242 4 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,303 9 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.