Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
(04-08-2014, 12:40 AM)herbm Wrote: I do remember saying that everyone should try EVERY SIZE, sleep with the best one a few nights, then go back and try them all again.

Thanks for this suggestion. I haven't experienced any issues in my first two weeks but maybe the other sizes might be even more comfortable. I'll have a go at them.

I'm rather glad that I didn't toss them out!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 07:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I had a heckuva time telling which end was up with this mask. I think I figured out that the stiff part on the side of the straps curve upward which is right side up. I think.

Green side up, Paula Laugh-a-lot

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 07:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And that 24 is just a guideline. Each mask has a different leak rate. That 24 is the line for the "unintentional leak" meaning leaks that are expected (through the vent) and leaks that are low enough the machine can compensate for (or don't matter).

You can look at the manufacturer's website to get the exact leak rate for each mask. I've never done it, too lazy. I just go by the 24. As long as my 95% stays below that, I'm good.

The other thing I look for in leaks is how long they last. A HUGE spike out of the blue that suddenly goes away probably means I woke up and readjusted the mask out of habit. Or I removed it to sneeze or talk. A big leak that lasts for a long time means the mask was off or, as I have been doing lately, I'm whistling in my sleep. Amuses the dogs which wakes me up. I'm not really whistling, but my lips are parted just enough that the air is escaping and making a noise. I've not done that in years!

Anyway, again, this is why we continue to look at the data and see our trends and norms. It is why when we try a new mask, we can spot the differences immediately. Or the lack of differences.

Thank you Paula for that. I am not a very technical type so I think I am best to keep with the under 24 in the 95%, for the most part I am under 10 anyway with the odd spike during the week. I do not think I will let myself fret too much then. Too many other concerns to worry about. Thanks again.
PS Your dogs probably think you are whistling them to go for a walk!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 09:13 PM)GVlog Wrote:
(04-08-2014, 12:40 AM)herbm Wrote: I do remember saying that everyone should try EVERY SIZE, sleep with the best one a few nights, then go back and try them all again.

Thanks for this suggestion. I haven't experienced any issues in my first two weeks but maybe the other sizes might be even more comfortable. I'll have a go at them.

I'm rather glad that I didn't toss them out!

I have tried the small which was no good whatsoever, I am now using the medium which I find ok.
This week I should have a large arriving so am looking forward to see if that feels any better than the medium.
If not it looks like the medium will be the way to go for me.

Herb, how long do you usually get out of the Airfit P10 pillows please?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 07:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Ha! My whistle was on the exhale. Annoying as heckaroni. Going to a different size seemed to help but didn't fit as well.

I fitted the mask with the M and found it hard against the nose and prone to leak, so I switch for the first night to the L which was far more comfortable, but maybe I should give the M a try again. Maybe that will lessen it. I'll consider it and let you know.

(04-26-2014, 07:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I think I read in another post after this one that you are aware the single strap does split to form the top of the head strap. Rather useless without modifications. If your head is bigger, you allegedly can stretch the strap and it will hold that stretch. I was not very successful with that but I was on a time limit. But if your head is smaller, you're SOL as the end user. Duct tape or staple gun?

Oh, I used the split and adjusted it every way from Sunday, but I never noticed really much difference, save that it pulls most when the split is held together. Dumb system, IMHO.

(04-26-2014, 07:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I had a heckuva time telling which end was up with this mask. I think I figured out that the stiff part on the side of the straps curve upward which is right side up. I think.

I've been feeling the leading edge of nose piece base - the downward curve is more pronounced there and you can tell more easily which way is down that way.

(04-26-2014, 07:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And the pressing against the nose part was not comfortable.
Agreed.

(04-26-2014, 07:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I look forward to your future reports! Don't forget to do a review of the mask in the Review Section.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AirFit-P10

Yep, I'll do an aggregate report when I've had a few more days on this little bugger.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have some Velcro, you can try retro fitting in this way.

Take a long piece of Velcro about 18 inches long and sew each side (so it will stick to itself) on each end. Place the Velcro over the very back of your head even with your ears and place each section of Velcro over the hard part of the mask, I am talking about the part that is reinforced with metal, (below the print that say's RedMed where the strap splits) Then bring the Velcro together and close it on both ends, tightening it to your needs. Once you have this the way you want, you can just slip the whole thing over your head and you are done.

As far as the way the pillows go, doesn't the size go DOWN? and rest above your lip? It has a L and a R, I have these down, at least that is the way I have been wearing it?????
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 06:49 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: As far as the way the pillows go, doesn't the size go DOWN? and rest above your lip? It has a L and a R, I have these down, at least that is the way I have been wearing it?????

I am sure that is correct, but if you are putting it on in the dark, as I must, since my wife goes to bed well before me, visual guides are useless - it has to be done by feel. With the FX, you just grabbed the top head band, but with this you have to feel out the nose piece to determine which way is up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put mine on in the bathroom before I go to bed. Then when I get to bed, I plug the hose from the P10 into the main air hose, turn the machine on, and off I go. I find this the easiest way, and besides, me walking through the house at night with the air hose dangling from my nose scares the crap out of the blasted cats. Almost makes sleep apnea worth it all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 05:22 PM)DocWils Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 06:49 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: As far as the way the pillows go, doesn't the size go DOWN? and rest above your lip? It has a L and a R, I have these down, at least that is the way I have been wearing it?????

I am sure that is correct, but if you are putting it on in the dark, as I must, since my wife goes to bed well before me, visual guides are useless - it has to be done by feel. With the FX, you just grabbed the top head band, but with this you have to feel out the nose piece to determine which way is up.

Ah that's half the fun of the Swift FX, I mastered the art of putting it on with one hand! Pillows in nose first pull back on blue band then down and "snap" fits like a glove. If we ever have a Cpap olympics with an event of putting on the mask. I think I would have a shot at the gold Smile

Still, I like reading about other masks and peoples experiences, it just interests me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 05:22 PM)DocWils Wrote: I am sure that is correct, but if you are putting it on in the dark, as I must, since my wife goes to bed well before me, visual guides are useless - it has to be done by feel. With the FX, you just grabbed the top head band, but with this you have to feel out the nose piece to determine which way is up.

The easiest was the Breeze. No way to get that thing on wrong side up! Laugh-a-lot

The Swift LT was easy-ish, although once I had it wrong side out and smashed my nose. I learned then to hold the nose piece as I straightened out the rest. Provides a solid reference point.

There was one nasal pillow that had little bumps on either the top or the bottom so one could tell right side up.

The Nuance headgear can get a little twisted but after a few nights, I got good at untangling it by feel (I go to bed in the dark, too) and can now get it on right side up on the first go.

And, really, these manufacturers have got to realize that not everyone with sleep apnea is able-bodied. From visual issues to hand issues to even mental issues, a mask must be easy to put on with little thought and effort. There are days I cannot raise my right arm high enough. It is why I loved the Breeze so much. I could put it on one handed. I got to where I could the Swift LT, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,452 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,783 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 267 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 946 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,324 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.