Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
Pssssss in the middle of the night just sucks.

I can SOMETIMES reseat it but have found the best method is to roll over and turn off the machine while I put the pillows back into my nose PERFECTLY.

Sometimes, all I need is a LITTLE side pressure on the mask strap leads -- get it CENTERED again. Much better most of the time than messing with the pillows themselves.

GENTLY PRESSING on the plate over the upper lip helps much better than messing with the pillows.

If I must mess with the pillows then best it just to change that pressure to push slightly up at a 45 degree angle towards the nose.

At this point, I can pretty much scratch my ENTIRE NOSE, even the underside while holding the pillows in place.

Reach under while holding above, reach around while holding it down and back etc.

That is pretty weird actually. Smile But it works MOST of the time.

My (small) pillows seem a little more prone to leaks or 'flutters' now that they are 70 days out.

BTW, I will NOT TOLERATE 'flutters' any more than I will allow leaks.

If you don't know what 'flutters' are then you probably haven't had them.

They are just another form of LEAK.

--
HerbM

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
R_g I thought I was doing ok on the medium but when I changed to the Large I really noticed the difference, for the better.
I know what you mean by aggravating little psssssss's, you can't put up with them for too long, drives you crazy.
Give the large a go, I am sure you will notice a positive difference, especially with your lopsided nostrils Smile
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
At one time or another I was convinced that each and every size was the best choice: Small, Medium, and Large.

I am a big guy, so the large seemed obvious and was comfortable.

I switched back and forth through all three sizes, and even now occasionally try a different size.

Mostly the Small WORKS best for me, but don't overlook the size you have NOT been using, whatever that is.

It sounds funny, but maybe it is acclimation, or experience, or cosmic rays, but for some reason the one(s) I though were best turned out not to be my final choice.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2014, 11:41 PM)Gabby Wrote: R_g I thought I was doing ok on the medium but when I changed to the Large I really noticed the difference, for the better.
I know what you mean by aggravating little psssssss's, you can't put up with them for too long, drives you crazy.
Give the large a go, I am sure you will notice a positive difference, especially with your lopsided nostrils Smile

Same here. Started with medium but didn't feel like I was getting enough flow. Switched to large and although I have to be more careful seating the pillows, it works much better.. BTW a small leak noise now and then is better that the constant stream of air and jet engine sound the exhaust put out on my Swift FX mask.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never been able to get to sleep with small or large actually. Small hurts my nose, large seems like it's too easy to make it leak. Still, worth a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 11:03 PM)eviltim Wrote: I've never been able to get to sleep with small or large actually. Small hurts my nose, large seems like it's too easy to make it leak. Still, worth a shot.

That's sort how it started for me.

Large was big and fluffy, so comfortable but difficult to keep fitted.

Small was the least comfortable so I used Medium as a compromise for a while.

Finally figure out that by NEVER MOVING the pillows (as much as humanly possible) that small wasn't uncomfortable after all.

[Also, I started removing the pillows VERY CAREFULLY, wiggling a little bit side to side rather than just pulling the mask off like I did at first -- that really helped my nose. Seems obvious now, but no one told me that back then. Smile ]
My leaks have practically always been 0 Median and 95% never gets near 24, even max doesn't go over 24 very often.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
A little FYI - just got a call from my contacts that got me the P10 - my written report and comments (which summed up as well many of the comments and complaints here from all youse guys) has been happily passed on up the chain at ResMed. Several of the points (the head strap, the whistling, etc) are being seriously examined in light of my report and consideration is already being made on redesigns, probably for the next, improved generation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Couple of thoughts:

1) Even a FLUTTER in my nose pillow is something that I will NOT tolerate.

2) Small was most restricted flow but I pushed through that feeling and this is what got me a small but noticeably reduced AHI.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2014, 09:33 PM)herbm Wrote: Couple of thoughts:

1) Even a FLUTTER in my nose pillow is something that I will NOT tolerate.

2) Small was most restricted flow but I pushed through that feeling and this is what got me a small but noticeably reduced AHI.

I had the non stop leaks with the small. Could not get it adjusted at all.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I am seeing that the leaks are getting worse each evening. Last night it about drove me crazy with a tickle sensation. All I did was fiddle with it all night. So frustrated, why is it getting worse? I have tried the x small, small, and now I have a medium on order. I modified the head gear by using a Velcro strap. grrrrrrrrrrrr
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,456 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,783 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,324 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.