Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
Marnid I do hope you get it right. Maybe you will have to go back to the Swift if you were having less leaks with that.
Good luck with the medium.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Boy, lots of feedback on to P10 but no one mentioned the problem I am having. First I really like this mask. It replaced the FX. But up till now using everything from full face to pillows I have had the humidity set on 4, even the Swift FX. With the P10 I can only use 1 or I get rainout. Is this just me? I was thinking it was the smaller holes in the exhaust port not letting the moisture out. Anyone else with this problem? Also I find the straps too short for my fat head.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I can not speak to your specific masks but I can tell you that I can use a setting of 5 with my Quattro Mirage where I could not get above 3 with my Zest mask. I am not sure why. It may have to do with the thermal conductivity of the materials the mask is made of.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2014, 08:40 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: Boy, lots of feedback on to P10 but no one mentioned the problem I am having. First I really like this mask. It replaced the FX. But up till now using everything from full face to pillows I have had the humidity set on 4, even the Swift FX. With the P10 I can only use 1 or I get rainout. Is this just me? I was thinking it was the smaller holes in the exhaust port not letting the moisture out. Anyone else with this problem? Also I find the straps too short for my fat head.

Mikeh99, I have not heard of this problem with the P10.. I certainly have not experienced it myself. If you haven't already, try not filling your water reservoir quite as full. Also same rules apply to the P10 as other masks, and that is curl up with the hose under the covers for instance. But as to why this mask and not others? No clue.

About the straps being too short....... I suppose a new head is out of the question?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mikeh99, I am another successful Aifit P10 user and I have had this problem on a couple of occasions and I have found it happened when I have had the water chamber filled too high, as retired_guy mentioned as a possible cause.other than that not sure what it could be.
Try filling to only 3/4 mark.
Most of us have all had a problem one way or another with the head straps. Mine were too big and I had to do some taking in to accommodate.
Maybe you will have to do some kind of extension on yours.
Best of luck to you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2014, 08:40 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: Boy, lots of feedback on to P10 but no one mentioned the problem I am having. First I really like this mask. It replaced the FX. But up till now using everything from full face to pillows I have had the humidity set on 4, even the Swift FX. With the P10 I can only use 1 or I get rainout. Is this just me? I was thinking it was the smaller holes in the exhaust port not letting the moisture out. Anyone else with this problem? Also I find the straps too short for my fat head.

While it may not be "just you", I doubt it is the mask.

I run my humidity up to 82 or otherwise high all the time.

The only water I ever see in the mask is when I jostle the machine or knock it off the table and basically spill water into the hose.

Everyone environment is different, so you might look at your local conditions, air conditioning/heating, expected humidity, settings etc.

I doubt if it is the mask per se -- I read just about every report on this mask, and don't see that very often.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2014, 04:17 PM)herbm Wrote: While it may not be "just you", I doubt it is the mask.

It can just be the mask in addition to other variables. The thermal conductivity of the mask wall can have a major impact. I have had this experience with other masks over long periods of time so that the other variables average out. The mask design can have an impact too.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
New user of cpap - resmed S9 with p10 medium pillows. Three nights use and the system and P10 are working great. I am a side sleeper and tuck the hose under the edge of the king size pillow which works great because I don't change positions much at night. Surprised myself at how easy it was to adjust to cpap with the P10 pillows.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Last a "Bad Leak Night" with my P10 last night; my 95% went to 9.6 and the Max was all the way up to 19.2 (median was still 0.)

Seriously, my headgear is a little loose now after 100 days, and it slipped a little so that the mask was not firmly against my nostrils much of the night.

It is amazing how little mechanical pressure the P10 takes to keep the pillows in place.

People who must use FFMs are at such a disadvantage.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
We are not at a disadvantage. We just have to be smarter to make it work.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,450 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,780 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 946 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,319 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.