Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
(04-09-2014, 06:27 PM)DocWils Wrote: Thanks herbm, it makes me more interested in getting this little fella. But since my machine is above my head (I know, not recommended, but alas, space requirements and all that (and I sleep on a futon, so you can't really get the machine below you) I will still have to tack it up over my head, but at least I won't have to run it over my forehead, I guess. Definitely want to try one.

Put the machine BESIDE you futon and tack it up over your BELLY after it exits the covers.

A little rearranging can make you vastly more comfortable for years to come.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, machine is way too noisy to sit next to me. And since I am a roller (I won't use tosser for obvious reasons) at night, the hose hanging anywhere below my head is a no-go - I tried that at the beginning and it became a real mess and a massive problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I got my mask! Tonight I will try it out and let you all know, but I did fit it to the machine and adjust hose length, etc already, and I can honestly say I am impressed, I have switched out to the Large pillows for comfort (and they ARE more comfortable than the medium) and that IMHO the head strap is idiotic and needs to be replaced or modded, and fast. Also, instead of running the hose up over my head to the wall, this one might be better served with a hose stand around chest position, if only to avoid the hose hitting me in the head as I toss from one side to the other. Not a problem on the FX, since I could rig a way to attach the hose to the top strap of the head piece, something the P10 is missing. But even in the fitting I was deeply impressed with how quiet it is, and how little one notices the outflow venting. No need to rig something to direct the air up the hose as I did in the FX, so plus again and again.

Tonight will be the first test, although not a fair one, since I must take Valium and Tramadol tonight (and for the next three nights) for my bad back (something we call a Hexenschuss (witch's shot) where half the back in in heavy spasm), which will depress my breathing considerably, but it will still be interesting.

I will let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
DocWils, pleased your P10 has arrived and you are so far impressed.
Most are of us are with you and feel the need for slight modifications but are otherwise very happy with it.

Sorry about your back spasms, does not sound very nice at all.
Hope it will be back to normal in no time.

Good luck with P10.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Still struggling with the P-10, I have a leak and cannot for the life of me figure out where it's coming from. I hear ABSOLUTLY NOTHING, feel nothing that is leaking when it's on. I have tried moving it back and forth, laying on my side, but I still have leaks. They are ok, but still not perfect. Median is about 4-6 and the 95% is below the red line at all times. Max, I am not worried about. I am trying adding a Velcro fastener tonight and changing to the small rather than x small pillow. Hopefully this combo will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is below the read line and it is 4 - 6, then why are you concerned about leaks?

Let it be.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Marnid,

I have been struggling with my leaks also but if I had yours, I would relax and get on with my life.My leaks normally bottom out at around 10 l/min but the high side does not always stay within the 24 l/min target. For a few days I was able to get the last half of the night down to 0 and everything else looking pretty good. Then after a few great days My leaks were all over the place last night. I am not that concerned about it. Curious maybe but not concerned. I am not trying to get 0 l/min leaks. I just wanted to make sure that there was not a constant leak of around 10 l/min that was constant like a hole in the tubing or something else like that. Since I was able to reach 0 flr a reasonable period of time I feel that I do not have a constant problem. If my leaks were bottoming out at 2-4 l/min I would not have been trying to drive them down any lower at all.

Please relax and enjoy your success and do not sweat the small stuff. You are doing great!

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand the leak language you are talking about.
I thought we just had to worry about if our leaks were over 24 in the 95%.
Some nights I am able to score zeros and then I will get a whopping 14 and then back down to 8, 5,3,6,0,13, I have even had an 18 but I figure if they are under the 24 I am ok.
Is there something else I should be worrying about?
I have always thought Marnid that your leaks have been good.
I don't think it's the name of the game to get no leaks, is it?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right Gabby. No leaks is probably overachieving, and possibly due to having a mask too tight, etc. Some leaks should be expected and are just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2014, 11:49 PM)Gabby Wrote: I don't think it's the name of the game to get no leaks, is it?
Better sleep is the name of the game
At times I can sleep through massive leak, other times a tiny leak would disturb my sleep especially if coming any close to my eyes

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,242 4 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,303 9 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.