Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
It is great to hear from another satisfied user of the P10.
Well done, glad you like it.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I have ResMed S9 Autoset plus a P10 mask
Set à 8cm fix for the start
The first night I slept 8 hours in a line and found the P10 perfect.

BUT ... I have a small nose... (economic on air) and even with the Small pillow the edge of the "cone" with the time produce irritation on the "bulb at the bottom of the middle wall".

I think I will try to get a Xsmall pillow... or a "lady size"

ResMed .. or their designer (I am designer) forgot that the nose hole IS NOT ROUND and I do not thing that making something else with a shape resembling the real thing would be perfect.

An other thing is... the mask is TOO SYMETRICAL and if you remove it during the night, in the dark it is very difficult to find the right side.

I ADDED A VERY SMALL SCREW on the right side so "I know the good way"

Is ResMEd needing a designer ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum BeauPetitNez!
It is good to hear your positive reviews on the P10. I am able also to understand where your negatives are coming from.
Someone else on our forum was having same problem as you distinguishing in the dark which side was which. I just turn my bedside lamp on.
I also have had a small sore on outside edge of one nostril, I use large pillows. I push a piece of soft cotton wool in between pillow and skin and that has healed sore and stopped rubbing. Has also made a good seal.
I think you should write to ResMed and offer your services!
Wishing you good luck with your CPAP journey.

BeauGrandNez!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2014, 08:40 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: Boy, lots of feedback on to P10 but no one mentioned the problem I am having. First I really like this mask. It replaced the FX. But up till now using everything from full face to pillows I have had the humidity set on 4, even the Swift FX. With the P10 I can only use 1 or I get rainout. Is this just me? I was thinking it was the smaller holes in the exhaust port not letting the moisture out. Anyone else with this problem? Also I find the straps too short for my fat head.
Are you using the Heated hose?
If so what %humidity (1, 2, 3) are you using?
If you don't have the heated hose, it's definitely worth the investment to prevent rainout.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2014, 05:53 PM)BeauPetitNez Wrote: .

An other thing is... the mask is TOO SYMETRICAL and if you remove it during the night, in the dark it is very difficult to find the right side.

I use a Airfit p10, changed from the FX Swift and really like it. It has the Resmed logo in tiny clear raised letters on the top of the mask frame (the part that holds the pillow) just like braille. Very easy to feel with my fingers. I always put my mask on in the dark and have no trouble finding the top. This info. is on page 3 of the user guide.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2014, 05:03 PM)Booker Wrote:
(05-11-2014, 05:53 PM)BeauPetitNez Wrote: .

I use a Airfit p10, changed from the FX Swift and really like it. It has the Resmed logo in tiny clear raised letters on the top of the mask frame (the part that holds the pillow) just like braille. Very easy to feel with my fingers. I always put my mask on in the dark and have no trouble finding the top. This info. is on page 3 of the user guide.

Welcome Booker!
Another happy Airfit P10 user. Great little mask isn't it?
A lot of people have switched from the Swift FX to the P10, that's the path I took, and there will be no going back.
All the best on the rest of your CPAP journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
So I asked my doctor about the Airfit P10 and he kind of dismissed me, saying "who knows?". He then gave me the version before because he had one (I can't remember the name but it's the one you all kind of liked before you got the P10) I've had it awhile but just haven't been inspired to try it. At first it felt silly (as if the mask didn't!) but then I got one of the best night's sleep ever! I did it again and it was just as good. It slipped a little but not as much as I thought. I think I have a big head and am a restless sleeper but maybe not. And my software said two nights with no incidents.
I've gone on to order a P10 via Amazon and I am looking forward to its delivery.

My doctor spent 30 seconds fitting me with a mask, not telling me about any alternatives. No wonder there's such a high rate of giving up! Thanks again to this board for all the good advice (and letting me complain!) and all the rest.

Edited to add: It's the Swift Fx
Post Reply Post Reply
The FX is a great mask, if you don't mind the rather strong venting from the exhaust vent. I have always had good results - the P10 is really just an incremental improvement on the FX, mostly in the venting system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do try to get the X-Small pillows if you think the the Small isn't small enough.

About that irritation, try a couple of things:

1) Lanolin creme to stop or minimize further irritation

2) Do you level best to avoid MOVING the pillows during the night -- it is MOVEMENT that rubs the irritation spots

3) Remove the mask VERY carefully when you awaken -- I found it was simply wiggling the pillows side to side to break the seal and pull out one pillow at a time that made the difference for me. If you never move the mask during the night it will "stick" itself to your nose almost like a bandaid.

It is possible to get the P10 backwards in the dark (heck, with the lights on it is possible.)

I don't use the marks on the mask to figure it out -- rather I feel for the SLANT of the pillows, knowing they are supposed to be close together on the front or FAR side like the bow of a ship, wide on MY side.

BTW, even though I have been wearing the P10 for quite some time, I managed to get up during the night, put it in backwards, sleep 3-4 hours, and didn't even have excessive leaks.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try lowering the water level and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,250 6 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,311 11 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 987 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.