Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
(06-15-2014, 01:54 AM)Sandybird Wrote: Hi Donna,
I too have long hair. I put it in a low ponytail and put the lower strap below that and the other one near the crown of my head so there is no way it can slip higher… hope that makes sense. the thing I have learned it wreaks my hair but breathing is more important Smile
S

Thanks for sharing what works for you, Sandybird. I will definitely give that a try tonight. Maybe my head is just too flat on the back! It has been very annoying to wake up and find that the head gear has crawled off my head, making my P10 totally ineffective. I can deal with my hair being wrecked but the only way this therapy is going to work is if I can keep my mask on. I appreciate your help with my problem. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Donna, some people have reported using bobby pins to keep their headgear straps in place.

You're right about the therapy not being effective if the mask slips off. Others have also reported that they think they're removing the mask in their sleep and have no memory of having done it. The bobby pin trick can help with this problem, too.

These things are all temporary measures. Once you get things adjusted and you get adapted these problems disappear.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a link to what I did with mine, with photos, hope this helps

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...FIT-PHOTOS
Post Reply Post Reply
Donna,
I just wonder how you are doing? how is working with your mask going? is it staying on better for you?
S
Post Reply Post Reply
Receive my new P10 last evening and wore it immediately for a great night's sleep. (0.4)

This is my first replacement P10. The original is still quite serviceable, but the new one does have a headband that is a bit more snug.

On the "film over the exhaust micro screen", I just took a soft brush and gently scrubbed it a bit -- hadn't even realized my original mask had a reduced out flow.

I really shouldn't have to everyone how great this mask is -- my new one was on backorder for almost a month.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2014, 11:18 PM)herbm Wrote: Receive my new P10 last evening and wore it immediately for a great night's sleep. (0.4)

This is my first replacement P10. The original is still quite serviceable, but the new one does have a headband that is a bit more snug.

On the "film over the exhaust micro screen", I just took a soft brush and gently scrubbed it a bit -- hadn't even realized my original mask had a reduced out flow.

I really shouldn't have to everyone how great this mask is -- my new one was on backorder for almost a month.

Hi Herb,
So pleased I read all your comments about the P10 and went and ordered one. I love it.
Just wondering, did you buy the whole new mask or just the headgear?
Thanks
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just switched over to the P10. It took some time to get used to it [as I mentioned in another post] but am very happy with it now. After reading some suggestions, I found the right placement of the strap so there are no leaks. I did find I had to bump up the pressure level to get an adequate airflow, something I had to do anyway. My only complaints about it are the lack of adjustable strap and the hose being shorter than the mask I was using before. But, otherwise, it's working for me. I haven't tried other size masks. Maybe tonight.
Meet you in the land of nod
- Johnny Mercer
Post Reply Post Reply
ScottW, it is nice to hear another positive report about the P10 but alas once again the headgear falls short.
I had to go up to a large pillow. The medium had too many leaks for me but the large is just right!
Were you talking about trying out pillows or different masks?
Whichever, good luck, I hope you find the right whatever you are looking for, it makes all the difference.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Gabby. I meant different pillows. I'm happy with the mask. I've been using the large pillows. Tried the medium last night and didn't notice any real difference. I'll probably go back to the large, but I'll give it another try tonight. Still no leaks.
Cheers,
Scott
Meet you in the land of nod
- Johnny Mercer
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to the board (will write my success in that place) and fairly new to CPAP use - since April this year - and have a question about the AirFit P10. My search didn't turn up any answers so here goes....

I am using the F & P Eason with good success but I would like less of a mess on my head. All the chin strap and mask stuff makes my scalp irritated etc. My sleep study tech set me up with the AirFit P10 and I love the minimal headgear but after 3 tries I had to give it up.

Within an hour each time, an unbearable burning pain starts up in my nostrils and my sinuses let loose a deluge of clear liquid and it takes another half hour or so to get that stopped to put my regular gear back on and go to sleep.

Have any of the AirFit users here had experience with that, have any remedies?

I-love-CPAP (well, the results I'm getting anyway!)

uweti

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,177 1 hour ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,130 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.