Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
What kind of mask is the Eason? I tried to look for it but couldn't find it. If it is not a nasal pillows mask, then it is just the switch from one type of mask to the other. If it is a nasal pillow then it could be as simple as the P10 hits the inside of your nostrils differently, causing a mild irritation which causes your nose to run in response.

Try doing a nasal rinse before hand. I use the Ayr bottle with the Neill Med premade mix packets. Easy to mix and use. Others use the Neti pot.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi uweti, welcome to the forum and the world of CPAP.
So pleased you are feeling benefits of using it already, how lucky are you.
I use the P10 and have not had those problems you talk about so sorry I am unable to help you.
I hope you are able to get it sorted as it really is a great mask.
Good luck!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula O2, The mask I use is a Fisher and Paykel Eason nasal mask over the nose. They have a website and youtube and you can check it out there but I didnt link to it, not sure yet what is allowed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Gabby, thank you for the welcome and encouragement!

uweti
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I found it. It is the Eson.

Since you switched from a nasal mask to a nasal pillows, then it is most likely just the switch in types of mask. Try the nasal rinse, even just a saline nasal spray, to see if that helps.

If it continues, then it may not work for you. You could try another size pillow to see if the different size aims it in a different spot and doesn't irritate as bad. Another nasal pillow to try would be the Nuance. It doesn't go inside the nostril exactly so it might be a little better. Not sure, though.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
P10 headgear is sold as integral to the mask so you get 'mask & headgear'.

Truth is (as those who have one know) the P10 is a "mask" only by convention.

It's really a little platform with exhaust, plus head gear and light pigtail hose attached, plus a snap on for the pillows.

It's the 'thong' of masks.

BTW, the new masks FEELS "just right" but is actually tight enough my nose is irritated again.

The loose, stretched out old one is probably a better fit even though the new one 'feels right' when you put it on.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the P10, loved it and used the large size, but now I'm getting a sore at the base of my right nostril (on the left part). It started with a discomfort that gradually got worse. Frustrating, as I'll probably need to switch back to a nasal mask. I tried medium, but it hurts as much. I wonder if it is from lying on my side, where the straps slip back from friction against the pillow and tighten too much, pulling up the mask.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2014, 02:59 AM)Visitor Wrote: I'm using the P10, loved it and used the large size, but now I'm getting a sore at the base of my right nostril (on the left part). It started with a discomfort that gradually got worse. Frustrating, as I'll probably need to switch back to a nasal mask. I tried medium, but it hurts as much. I wonder if it is from lying on my side, where the straps slip back from friction against the pillow and tighten too much, pulling up the mask.

That happened to me on the left side when I first started using the P10.
I put a piece of cottonwool between the nose and the mask ever night for a couple of weeks just to stop the rubbing and until my nose healed. One night I forgot to place it there and noticed I had no problems and haven't had since.
It is worth a shot.
Good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
No wonder you couldn't find it Paula O2, i corrected the spelling of "Eson" on my profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2014, 03:26 AM)Gabby Wrote:
(06-22-2014, 02:59 AM)Visitor Wrote: I'm using the P10, loved it and used the large size, but now I'm getting a sore at the base of my right nostril (on the left part). It started with a discomfort that gradually got worse. Frustrating, as I'll probably need to switch back to a nasal mask. I tried medium, but it hurts as much. I wonder if it is from lying on my side, where the straps slip back from friction against the pillow and tighten too much, pulling up the mask.

That happened to me on the left side when I first started using the P10.
I put a piece of cottonwool between the nose and the mask ever night for a couple of weeks just to stop the rubbing and until my nose healed. One night I forgot to place it there and noticed I had no problems and haven't had since.
It is worth a shot.
Good luck.

Thanks Gabby. That is worth a try and beats switching back to a nasal mask!

Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with a small P10 pillows but have gone to the medium - leaks are much less now. I had some nose irritation at first but persevered with that and after several weeks it is now not a problem for me. I used a very small bit of Amolin cream on the irritation in the morning from time to time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,179 2 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,572 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,131 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.