Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
Yes, the lanolin cream, used for sore nipples during breast feeding, is good for sore nostrils when trying out a new mask. I've never used it but lots here on the forum love it. I will try it the next time my nose is sore from a cold and I just don't want to put the pillows on it.

Another mask was notorious for causing nasal sores for a lot of users. The Pilaro? For some, it didn't bother them at all but for many others, the sores were just too much. And for those getting tender spots from this mask, you'll have to keep that in mind, too. What is "too much" for you. Like I said, I liked the P10 and if they ever come up with a better head gear, I would probably go back to it. For me, the sore nose, the stupid head gear, and a few other things were "too much" for me. For others, it's well within their limits. I'm willing to put up with the stupid back strap of the Nuance but others won't. It's why there are so many masks on the market.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2014, 04:21 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, the lanolin cream, used for sore nipples during breast feeding,

Too much information.........Lol...

By the time I have a shower and through blowing the nose during the day there is probably no cream left on the nose and that is why I said I put it on in the morning.

I agree it is probably better to keep the cream away from the pillows......
Post Reply Post Reply
Lanolin has cause no noticeable problem for the pillows on my P10. I don't use it every night.

The new mask with the "perfect fit" seems to have caused a nasal abrasion -- so I have been using it pretty regularly the last week.

Funny how a 'perfect fit' is harder on the nose than a bit loose -- and both keep the leaks down just fine.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
It is best to put the cream on at night before using the mask, if it is the mask that is causing the problem. You can, of course, reapply again in the morning or as needed.

It shouldn't hurt the pillows any since it doesn't have any petroleum in it. I assume it doesn't.

And yeah, the idea of using a nipple cream up my nose makes me giggle every time I think to look for it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2014, 10:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And yeah, the idea of using a nipple cream up my nose makes me giggle every time I think to look for it.

Welllll, we DO recommend haemorrhoid cream for puffy eyes..... giggle away....
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2014, 06:00 AM)DocWils Wrote:
(06-23-2014, 10:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And yeah, the idea of using a nipple cream up my nose makes me giggle every time I think to look for it.

For the benefit of breastfeeding mothers lurking around, breast milk is all natural and safer for the baby than any nipple cream

Post Reply Post Reply

Wow! End to end results!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Yep. My doc recommended it once and I told her she was nuts. She told me to stop whining then.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2014, 06:00 AM)DocWils Wrote: Welllll, we DO recommend haemorrhoid cream for puffy eyes..... giggle away....

Really? How could applying a cream down there have an effect on my eyes?!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Everyone, I am new to this cpap experience but wanted to comment on the airfit p10. I have latex allergies and apparently a bit of claustrophobia, so the sleep tech recommended I try the nasal pillow mask and my DME rep showed me this model which seemed the least intrusive of anything they had to offer. Only been using a week now, and so far so good. Started with the small, then switched to the medium as it felt like it was causing my nostrils to collapse. I had my nose broken a long time ago, and it feels as if the left side is not quite as open as the right. I am getting used to the the whole "arrangement" and for someone who used to flop around all night like a dead fish, it is odd for me to realize I have pretty much spent the night in one position, not gotten up to go to the bathroom, and not awakened to every little noise and bump in the night. I too have to check the nose pads to see if the machine is on, and don't know if those letting the air come through my mouth moments count on the data. Learning to interpret the data and check it is a whole other issue for me to tackle. I guess what I'm trying to say is I really like the airfitp10 so far and feel like I kind of lucked out on my first try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,014 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,127 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.