Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
Sleepster may be confusing the P10 with the Nuance. The Nuance doesn't fit into the nostril but stays outside. The P10 is like the other nasal pillows in that part of the mask goes into the nostril. You just don't want very much of it in there. Just enough to form a seal.

The headgear with the P10 is its Achilles heel. Great mask, stupid headgear. Go to YouTube and do a search for the ResMed P10. There's a lot of videos about how to fit it, how it works, etc. One or more of those should have the info you need. Sometimes, someone typing instructions just isn't enough, ya know?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, if the straps were adjustable, it would be about perfect, huh?
Thank you, Paula; I will look for videos.
Post Reply Post Reply
About. There's other issues but what mask doesn't have a few?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Clementine, I am another devotee of the P10 but my problem was that the 'ladies' strap was way too big, and I am sure those that know me would not say I had a small head.
I had to do some sewing and take it in on both side to make it a nice snug fig.
What I would do if I had your problem would be to cut off the back felt where the hard part ends and sew on elastic to each end and make it a suitable fit for myself.
I think most of us have had to adjust the headband in someway, whether it has been the male or female one.
Very bad design from ResMed.
Only you are able to decide on you pillows, judging by comfort and leaks.
I think so far your leaks are fairly good.
What are your AHI's every night, are they usually below 5?
Just remember to take one day at a time.
Good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
love this mask, other than the straps...I am using the ladies straps, it still is not really tight enough, my "small/narrow head" lol. I am looking at modifying it, really too bad there is no adjustment...

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
I have struggled with this for months, and finally put a piece on the back to make it adjustable. I see differences each night in my AHI but it always is below 2, so I am not worried about it anymore. The leaks are within limits that are normal, so I am just going with it, and will keep checks on the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 06:11 PM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I have struggled with this for months, and finally put a piece on the back to make it adjustable. I see differences each night in my AHI but it always is below 2, so I am not worried about it anymore. The leaks are within limits that are normal, so I am just going with it, and will keep checks on the leaks.

Way to go Marnid!
So pleased you are not letting it worry you any more.
You have great results.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 11:28 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Good news Clem,

I use the large pillows. Then after a week or so I use the medium pillows. Then after a week or so I use the large pillows.

Don't really know why. I guess it's just what feels right at the time.

perhaps you're a medium large Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I think the left nostril is a medium, and the right nostril is a large. I wonder if I could special order......... Nah, probably not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 11:27 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Actually I think the left nostril is a medium, and the right nostril is a large. I wonder if I could special order......... Nah, probably not.

if you've got some spare pillows, you could try something with a pair of scissors and a little sugru to stick the halves back together Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,183 2 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,574 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,131 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.