Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
ugggg

I am having an awful time with this mask. I get a good seal, no leaks, usually fall asleep on my back, then when I turn in my sleep the mask moves. I have it really tight, even got the smaller "ladies" strap for my tiny english head, but this is very nasty. I feel like I have not slept for days...

Does any one else have this issue with being on their side and leaks??

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
I flop around like a fish all night without a problem Stephen. I wonder if it has something to do with your bed pillow, or lack of one? I tend to wad my pillow up under my head and neck a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 11:52 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I flop around like a fish all night without a problem Stephen. I wonder if it has something to do with your bed pillow, or lack of one? I tend to wad my pillow up under my head and neck a lot.

hi there..

I use one, sometimes two pillows...
as soon as I turn on my side the nasal pillows move...must be me I guess...
I tried just sleeping on my back, hard to stay that way..must be my tiny head..:-)

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 11:55 AM)StephenR Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 11:52 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I flop around like a fish all night without a problem Stephen. I wonder if it has something to do with your bed pillow, or lack of one? I tend to wad my pillow up under my head and neck a lot.

hi there..

I tried just sleeping on my back, hard to stay that way..must be my tiny head..:-)

Stephen

Have you considered staples?

It could also be that in your quest to keep the mask firmly in place, that it's actually too tight. The P10 is designed to be a little floppy and the pillows can actually adjust to that.

The other thing that may be helping me is I use a chinstrap gently applied and under the P10.

But only sleeping on your back, or only sleeping on your side does not sound like any fun to me. Far better to be able to flop around a little. You cook much more evenly that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 12:07 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 11:55 AM)StephenR Wrote:

hi there..

Stephen

Have you considered staples?

It could also be that in your quest to keep the mask firmly in place, that it's actually too tight. The P10 is designed to be a little floppy and the pillows can actually adjust to that.

The other thing that may be helping me is I use a chinstrap gently applied and under the P10.

But only sleeping on your back, or only sleeping on your side does not sound like any fun to me. Far better to be able to flop around a little. You cook much more evenly that way.

....and the most obvious that I forgot.. Have you tried moving up to a little large size pillows? If you're using a medium, try a large.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think what may have happened is that I now have the mask too tight, I am using large nasal pillows, so will try the mediums...also I have an injury in my right shoulder that hurts when I sleep on it, I am going to try bolstering it to stop myself turning to that side...

did try a home made chin strap. did not get it tight enough...yet...will try again tonight..

May have to look at another mask with more robust headgear...the Nuance or Pilario..
Want to give the p10 a good try, its just that I am soooo tired...

Thanks for the help..

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 01:00 PM)StephenR Wrote: I think what may have happened is that I now have the mask too tight, I am using large nasal pillows, so will try the mediums...also I have an injury in my right shoulder that hurts when I sleep on it, I am going to try bolstering it to stop myself turning to that side...

did try a home made chin strap. did not get it tight enough...yet...will try again tonight..

May have to look at another mask with more robust headgear...the Nuance or Pilario..
Want to give the p10 a good try, its just that I am soooo tired...

Thanks for the help..

Stephen

There again, don't be making that chinstrap too tight Stephen. It is supposed to "encourage" your jaw to stay forward and your mouth to stay shut, not suck it into your brains.

Yes I agree, as much as I like the P10 some folks just do better with a different mask. So give it a good go, then if it doesn't shape up, let it go. Everyone's different. Except me of course. I'm the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ladies' strap and I have it stretched out somewhat --- did that when it was wet and being cleaned. I pull on the straps every night as I put it on, and it helps stretch it all out a bit. Haven't had much of any problem with the mask moving, which is surprising to me. It seems like it would move a lot.
Last night was the First Night of getting through my whole night with the mask ..... feel like I should jump for joy .... I guess I'm gradually getting used to this whole mask thing. urgh. Still don't like the idea of it, but I'm surprised at how relatively quickly I'm getting used to the thing. Well, not used to it, exactly --- but tolerating it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Clem, keep up the good work. Just remember the mantra: "The mask and I are one. The mask and I are one...."
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 12:48 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job Clem, keep up the good work. Just remember the mantra: "The mask and I are one. The mask and I are one...."

LOL, yep -- I remembered. "The mask and I are one. Ommmmmm....."

For me, what has worked is just putting the mask on at bedtime and sleeping whatever I'm going to sleep with it before ripping it off my face at some point during the night ---- and not stressing about that. Not stressing about it has been the important part (cuz I can stress about just about everything, normally). Whatever hours I've had the mask on-- Yay for me! It's better than nothing.

The hours with the mask on have increased gradually. And then last night --- well, I woke up with the mask on this morning, a first. I really thought it would take me much longer to get that far with the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,452 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,782 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 946 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,322 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.