Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
I have has to abandon the P10, it is a lovely mask, but just does not work for me.

Trying a Nuance, or Swift FX... tomorrow...

Glad the little beauty works for some of us.. :-)

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry it did not work for you. I was not sure it was working for me --- just haven't had a lot of experience with this yet. Surprised me to wake up with it on this morning.

I have a big head and thick hair --- maybe that's a requirement, LOL.

I hope you find the perfect fit soon. Good Luck to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 12:52 PM)Clementine Wrote: The hours with the mask on have increased gradually. And then last night --- well, I woke up with the mask on this morning, a first. I really thought it would take me much longer to get that far with the mask.

Well-done Thumbs-up-2 GoodOne Congrats

The human body has a remarkable ability to adapt to new circumstances. CPAP therapy wouldn't be possible without it. It takes courage, perseverance, and determination to succeed.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 01:16 PM)Clementine Wrote: I'm sorry it did not work for you. I was not sure it was working for me --- just haven't had a lot of experience with this yet. Surprised me to wake up with it on this morning.

I have a big head and thick hair --- maybe that's a requirement, LOL.

I hope you find the perfect fit soon. Good Luck to you!

Dunno about that: I have a thick head and big hair.

I haven't heard much about anyone adapting right away to any mask. It does vary from a day or so, to never gonna happen, with most landing somewhere in the middle.

In my case I used a nasal mask to begin with and had decent success with it. Then I went to a full face mask and had decent success with that. Now I'm firmly entrenched with the P10. The first day or two was not great, but not too bad either.

So instant success or not, you just have to give the mask, any mask, a little time. Stephen did that with the P10 and it just hasn't worked out so he's going to move on, and I think that's the right thing for him to do. Clem is obviously going to do well with the P10 although it has taken a little time to get there.

The thing is, when you try a new mask don't make an immediate judgement about it. Give it some time. Then if it just won't do it for you, don't get discouraged, just move on to a different mask. ...and above all else, do not give up 5 minutes before the miracle.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 11:57 AM)Clementine Wrote: yeah, if the straps were adjustable, it would be about perfect, huh?
Thank you, Paula; I will look for videos.

Can't agree. With adjustable headgear the P10 becomes a quiet Swift FX . I like the headgear. It's the nearest thing I've found to no headgear.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, actually. It really is the Swift FX. I'd forgotten that. I love the diffuser. I hope others start integrating that into the masks. Just hate the stoopid headgear.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My P10 has been going great for last few months but last couple of nights I have had problems. I tried a new pillow but still leaks persist.

I have decided my problem is the straps on headgear have stretched and I have to do some sewing and take it in again today.

I find I need a tight fit or else the air escapes.
I really do not get this loose fitting thing. If I had my pillows and my headgear all loose fitting I would have unwanted air coming in and out all over the place.

This will be the second time I have had to take in the straps to make the headgear smaller.
I am quite surprised at our other commenters saying it is too small for them. With me it is the opposite, and I definitely do not have a small head.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple weeks ago, I started using the AirFit P10 and like it very much. I like the headgear, because it is so minimal that I can now wear a chinstrap, wich I could never do before; there was always too much on my face with both headgear and chinstrap.
I started out using the X-small and that one went up a little far in my nose. Then I used the small for a couple nights and had almost the same results. Then, I went to the medium and that worked the best for me, it lays properly at the nostriles, I can turn over and the AirFit P10 stays right with me. It is a very quiet mask, My husband, who is a light sleeper, says he doesn't hear anything from it, like he did when I used other masks, so that is a plus in my book.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 07:27 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: A couple weeks ago, I started using the AirFit P10 and like it very much. I like the headgear, because it is so minimal that I can now wear a chinstrap, wich I could never do before; there was always too much on my face with both headgear and chinstrap.
I started out using the X-small and that one went up a little far in my nose. Then I used the small for a couple nights and had almost the same results. Then, I went to the medium and that worked the best for me, it lays properly at the nostriles, I can turn over and the AirFit P10 stays right with me. It is a very quiet mask, My husband, who is a light sleeper, says he doesn't hear anything from it, like he did when I used other masks, so that is a plus in my book.
That's great Trish. Another person converted to the P10. Once you find the right size pillow, it is usually smooth sailing.
Good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 07:27 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: A couple weeks ago, I started using the AirFit P10 and like it very much. I like the headgear, because it is so minimal that I can now wear a chinstrap, wich I could never do before; there was always too much on my face with both headgear and chinstrap.

I am happy for you Trish. It is nice when you can find the correct pillow size for the P10 and even more pleasant when the mask is quiet so your husband doesn't hear it either. I also use the P10 and my husband says the same thing about my mask. He even wonders sometimes if I have the mask on, it is so quiet.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,649 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,648 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,505 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,937 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,293 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,719 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 359 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.