Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
(08-08-2014, 09:58 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 07:27 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: A couple weeks ago, I started using the AirFit P10 and like it very much. I like the headgear, because it is so minimal that I can now wear a chinstrap, wich I could never do before; there was always too much on my face with both headgear and chinstrap.
I started out using the X-small and that one went up a little far in my nose. Then I used the small for a couple nights and had almost the same results. Then, I went to the medium and that worked the best for me, it lays properly at the nostriles, I can turn over and the AirFit P10 stays right with me. It is a very quiet mask, My husband, who is a light sleeper, says he doesn't hear anything from it, like he did when I used other masks, so that is a plus in my book.

I am happy for you Trish. It is nice when you can find the correct pillow size for the P10 and even more pleasant when the mask is quiet so your husband doesn't hear it either. I also use the P10 and my husband says the same thing about my mask. He even wonders sometimes if I have the mask on, it is so quiet.
Hi GrammaBear,
Glad you like the P10 also. It is a very quiet mask and it's great not to disturb others with a noisy mask.
Of course, I know masks are such an individual thing, I'm just glad I am able to use this particular one.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Back at the start of the year I did a lot of proselytizing for the P10 and lots of people (see this thread) loved it.

I got my 2nd one at 4 months and although it is quite good, it is much less comfortable than the original.

Now part of this is that the first one is like an old pair of house shoes or worn blue jeans that just stretched and now fit me perfectly, but I also suspect the 2nd one was a BIT TIGHTER to start with and more difficult to stretch.

This could be variations in manufacturing or they might even have changed the design or process in some way to 'tighten them up'.

I am NOT complaining or in any way withdrawing my support of the P10, but instead writing this to encourage those who do NOT love the P10 due to either tightness or the effect (which is typically a SORE NOSE) to consider even more strongly either STRETCHING THE #$%& out of it or cutting it to add the velcro adjustments others have performed.

The thing is a dream (literally) when it fits right -- it is annoying though when it doesn't.

New mask is wearable, but I am going to wear the old one MOSTLY until it falls apart -- wearing the new one a couple of days every week or two to let it stretch out over time and get away from it before it rubs my nose raw.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I had a bunch of leaks, for the first time. Wondering if the higher pressure with the auto mode is the culprit? Although I have been using the auto mode for 3 or 4 nights now. It woke me up a few times.

and yes to stretching the straps -- I do every night before putting on. Also it helps to put the straps way apart on the head, one almost to the forehead and the other way back down by the hairline.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 03:07 AM)herbm Wrote: Back at the start of the year I did a lot of proselytizing for the P10 and lots of people (see this thread) loved it.

Proselytizing! Look that up in your Funk & Wagnall's.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 10:29 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 03:07 AM)herbm Wrote: Back at the start of the year I did a lot of proselytizing for the P10 and lots of people (see this thread) loved it.

Proselytizing! Look that up in your Funk & Wagnall's.

Yes. But isn't it nice to read good old Herb again? We've truly been missing you Herb.

One thing I've noticed is when I begin with a fresh set of pillows my leak rates are excellent. Over time they will degrade though, and that's my signal to slip on a fresh pair. What's peculiar though, is I am reluctant to throw anything away. So I just wash them up, stick them in a baggie in the cabinet, and a month or so later I "think" they're new and they work fine!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think retired_guy is right about new pillows vs. leaks but it may be even less predictable.

I doubt a pressure of 15 (which was in the side bar info since you didn't post the pressure in the message) is the (main) culprit on leaks.

For me it is the pillows, the FIT, or the head band tightness -- after that the question is do *I* disturb the mask or leave it alone.

This last and the FIT are the main things that we control. I NEVER put the mask in or replace it with the air pressure on. I seat it carefully (and at first always in front of the mirror.)

Usually when getting up for the bathroom (which is more common now with my hip problem waking me up) I LEAVE it alone and in place.

Pulling the thing in and out is hard on the nose (for me at least) especially if you follow the idea of leaving it ALONE since it sort of glues itself to the skin inside your nose (Also wiggle it carefully out of your nose ALWAYS so it doesn't abrade your sensitive skin.)

Leaks really are mostly about fit and mask design rather than pressure, especially with PILLOWS which use the pressure to "blow up INSIDE the nose". In some sense the pressure inside the nose makes it seal better.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes R_G it is good to see Herb back again. Welcome back, Herb. Good to see you posting again.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back Herb!
Herb is the person who swayed me and probably a lot of others to the P10, thanks Herb.
I still cannot get over how everyone thinks the P10 is too tight, I had to take mine in, it was way too big and that goes for the new headgear I just bought for it.
I think the parts are made in the different factories around the world and maybe one particular factory makes them small because no way have I got an extra small head.
Whenever I buy a hat I always buy at least medium.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby, I have the same problem. Trying to decide if I should just get a new strap or move to another mask, though I love this mask when it fits right...
Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion masks are very much like people. So if you have one you like, enjoy his/her strengths and put up with his/her little peculiarities.

The P10 isn't perfect all the time for me, but it is more perfect more of the time than any other I have tried.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,191 3 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,980 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,132 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.