Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10
RE: AirFit P10
Chrstauffe, I love the P10 and have tried one or two other masks but always come back to P10.
I am happy to do my adjusting with needle and thread and have the pillows that suit me.
I suppose it depends on how handy you are at sewing. It's an easy job for you or someone else.
Then again I know that you probably feel you should be able to buy a mask, especially at these prices and put it on and not have to start making your own adjustments to it.
Good luck Chrstauffe with whatever way you decide to go. Please let us know if you change masks or adjust the P10, would love to know.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 11:52 PM)Gabby Wrote: Chrstauffe, I love the P10 and have tried one or two other masks but always come back to P10.
I am happy to do my adjusting with needle and thread and have the pillows that suit me.
I suppose it depends on how handy you are at sewing. It's an easy job for you or someone else.
Then again I know that you probably feel you should be able to buy a mask, especially at these prices and put it on and not have to start making your own adjustments to it.
Good luck Chrstauffe with whatever way you decide to go. Please let us know if you change masks or adjust the P10, would love to know.

Any chance you could share a picture of how you altered your headgear. I have altered mine many times but maybe there is a better way to do it. I'm very handy with a needle and thread and I also am handy with a sewing machine. And so is my wife.
Post Reply Post Reply

Chrstauffe, I would prefer not to put up a photo of my headgear as it looks a bit like a dog's breakfast. I basically attached a new price of elastic across the back about an inch wide and made it quite secure.
It does the job for me and feels much more secure than the original P10 straps.

Below I have copied what is probably a better idea that Galactus wrote on another thread. His wife devised this way of making P10 straps adjustable.

The name of the thread is 'Swift FX Headgear for P10'
The below comment is part of No. 16.

Cut it at the center, take out an inch or two and stitch in velcro on either side so you can make it bigger or smaller without adding any weight to it or making it too bulky.

See how you go with that information and if you would still like to see a photo of mine, I will reluctantly show you Sad

Good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
OK a couple of questions for all you P10 experienced users. I am trying out this mask and so far so good but how long do the pillows last? Also how long do you get from the headgear before it needs replacing?

With only a limited time using the P10 I am liking it but I would like to know the time frame of use for the expendables.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kmar92, good to hear you are liking the P10.
I will be interested in your answers about the pillows as well.
I only seem to get about 4-6 weeks out of a pillow but a friend of mine gets twice as long!
I have been using the same headgear since February, I have adjusted it to make it smaller for my head and it is all still working fine.
Good luck with your equipment.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I can probably use small pillows for 3 months. The last month they may show some wear, and my AHI may creep up a few tenths of a point.

The headgear is fine for about this long as well -- but even then when it gets loose, it probably actually fits BETTER.

For me, the mask feels and works best throughout the night when it is a little looser than I would CHOOSE to set it at bedtime.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my pillows until my leak numbers begin to rise. That might be two or three weeks. Then, I simply reach into my bowl of masks and get another set to replace those worn out. Not being one to enjoy throwing stuff away, I wash and dry the old ones, and put them in the bowl.

Actually, I haven't had to buy any new masks for a very long time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,008 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,127 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.