Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit headgear loose due to tossing and turning
AirFit headgear loose due to tossing and turning
I already use the clips to tighten the straps. The straps are fine when I go to sleep. But due to excessive tossing and turning, they change position. In particular, the lower strap starts out around the back of my head, and ends up higher. This causes the nasal pillow to be too high.

I saw someone say that chin strap fixes this problem. I actually have the ruby chin strap, but I don't think I should wear because of TMJ (caused by untreated sleep apnea).

I tried using a hair clip to keep lower strap in place, but that doesn't work. I feel like I need to superglue the straps to my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit headgear loose due to tossing and turning
Maybe you should have the Airfit For Her head gear. If you have only had the equipment a short time, tell your supplier you need the smaller size. Many will exchange in the first 30 days. If not, new Airfit P10 For Her straps are available on Amazon Prime for $27.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal pillows masks with adjustable straps are the Rio and Brevida. You might trial one or both and see how you like them.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, theater makeup spirit gum would certainly keep things well attached.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to update this thread with the solution to my problem. I switched from AirFit to Swift FX and things are totally fine now.

AirFit is deceptive. It's lightweight and works well in the beginning. But it deteriorates over time (at least for me).

At first glance, Swift FX is less desirable than AirFit because Swift FX is heavier. But Swift FX doesn't loosen over time. I wish my DME initially recommended Swift FX instead of AirFit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Swift FX for several years and purchased my first one out of pocket because it was not widely available. It's okay, but the exhaust air is obtrusive. I have a 6 month replacement interval at no cost with my current insurance, so that usually beats the P10 deterioration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you ever want to try to P10 again, here's how I fixed the headgear migration issue:

- Put just the lower strap all the way over my head, and pull my hair through it.

- Position the top strap at the top of my hairline.

Wearing it like a headband has helped to keep it in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2017, 02:21 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: If you ever want to try to P10 again, here's how I fixed the headgear migration issue:

- Put just the lower strap all the way over my head, and pull my hair through it.

- Position the top strap at the top of my hairline.

Wearing it like a headband has helped to keep it in place.

Tried that, didn't work for me
Post Reply Post Reply
Aw, bummer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,079 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,325 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.