Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit headgear loose
Question 
AirFit headgear loose
I have a ResMed AirFit P10. Highly satisfactory, The headgear straps appear to have become streched, resulting in the pillows being loose. The manual suggests washing the headgear, which I do weekly. Any suggestions on how to tighten the headgear?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit headgear loose
Wash it with really hot water. This will cause the headgear to shrink. If this doesn't work, there are modifications that can be made using velcro straps to tighten it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wash hot as sgear suggests.

What I did once that worked fine was to whack the straps in half with a pair of scissors. Then fasten the straps back together using small safety pins. Worked just fine. Some people worry about the safety pins coming loose in the middle of the night. To those I say "Nay, o' worry a lot person. What could go wrong?"
Post Reply Post Reply
Geoff -

That there looks like a Great Pyrenees. ??

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2015, 04:36 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Geoff -

That there looks like a Great Pyrenees. ??

OMM

Good catch. Patou is indeed a Great Pyrenees. 'Patou' is Basque for 'Shepherd', we refer to him as 'Patou the Patou' Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
You can add tension by multiple ways:

Resmed suggested:
1) Wash headgear in real warm water and air dry.
2) Reduce the distance between two top straps. Bring them closer for more tension.

Other:
1) Wear a cap or a piece of fabric under the headgear straps.
2) You can put a thick piece of fleece around the headgear straps.
3) Twist the headgear straps by looping the end piece of the headgear thru the two pieces of top headgear.
4) Cut the top pieces in two, then sew them back together.
5) Buy a new headgear on Amazon or ebay for $21.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the lavender and grey "for her" is a little smaller than the blue and grey one to begin with...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2015, 12:40 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I think the lavender and grey "for her" is a little smaller than the blue and grey one to begin with...
nope same size
Post Reply Post Reply
How old is the headgear? I'm interested in how long before noticeable stretching occurs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2015, 01:48 AM)k_ogre Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 12:40 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I think the lavender and grey "for her" is a little smaller than the blue and grey one to begin with...
nope same size

both of mine appear to be significantly smaller than my dad's blue one. perhaps his is just way stretched.... mine never gets too stretched out, and I have a fairly small head.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 8 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,122 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.