Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirLift Surgery
RE: AirLift Surgery
Speaking of surgeries, I went through bariatric sleeve surgery a year ago. Obviously not a direct relation to this thread's surgery. I qualified for insurance to cover the surgery bill because of the high AHI, calling it a co-morbid situation.

Did it work? Depends on what the expected outcome was. For me, it was to lose weight, address sleep apnea, lessen back and knee pain. Then goals are met. My result BTW was 100 pounds off in about 6 months, down to 201. It lowered AHI from 70+ to about 35 or so.
Note it helped LOWER AHI not eliminate it.

But not every surgery can guarantee good results. The phrase your mileage may vary applies.
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice.

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I like your perspective Dave. As I agree with you on some terms concerning surgeries, I'm still not convinced that these apnea surgeries are more than a roll of the dice. I must admit that I'm biased because Dad really suffers from his UPPP and regrets it as well.

Jesse
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
AirLift is just a brand name for the hyoid suspension procedure. This targets one part of the upper airway only (lower tongue region). If you're serious about sleep surgery, I recommend seeing a Stanford-trained sleep surgeon like Dr. Kasey Li in Palo Alto or Dr. Eric Kezirian at USC.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Surgery or CPAP? Need advice.......... rtking 9 464 07-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Last Post: WarEagle
  Newbie. Surgery/CPAP questions Velacooks 15 725 05-23-2019, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Stom
Question Finally got surgery after 10 years. A few questions,, mosesport 6 491 05-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Anyone have surgery for either - Nasal Septum Deviation or Perforated Nasal Septum? My3rd3y3 3 505 02-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  Can heart surgery eliminate apnea? Solar Rays 9 571 01-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Bariatric surgery: OAs turned into CAs and Hs RumbleRumble 4 448 11-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: RumbleRumble
  Surgery (non orthognathic) for Sleep Apnea. Preferred ENT or Maxilofacial surgeon? cotrina 4 662 11-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Last Post: cotrina

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.