Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ Problems Not Recording & Tube Blockage Errors
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ Problems Not Recording & Tube Blockage Errors
I have been having some issues with my Resmed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™machine with a climate line tube, and P10 nose pillows. I have been using this machine since April and have had no issues until the past 2 weeks. I have exchanged out my machine and climate line tube 2 times already. I have read some posts that seem like are close to my problem but I think I figured out what might be going on.

There are 2 issues I have been dealing with is first this message that I get about once a night that my tube is blocked and the machine turns off. This has done this on all 3 machines. The second issue is they stop recording after a couple of hours of use but still continue to work but there is only the 2 hours of data from that nights sleep.

I switched out my climate line hose I have 3 news ones which I have tried them all and have exchanged 2 of them out with new ones I still get these same problem. I went back to the with the slimline hose, and everything works perfect when using it. So it seems like the problem is coming from my climate line hoses.

Has anyone else have experienced this problem? I don’t understand what has recently happen that may be causing this since I had no issues since April until 2 weeks ago and I keep getting these same issues on the 2 new machines I exchanged out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ Problems Not Recording & Tube Blockage Errors
(11-12-2015, 02:00 PM)Pugman Wrote: I have been having some issues with my Resmed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™machine with a climate line tube, and P10 nose pillows. I have been using this machine since April and have had no issues until the past 2 weeks. I have exchanged out my machine and climate line tube 2 times already. I have read some posts that seem like are close to my problem but I think I figured out what might be going on.

There are 2 issues I have been dealing with is first this message that I get about once a night that my tube is blocked and the machine turns off. This has done this on all 3 machines. The second issue is they stop recording after a couple of hours of use but still continue to work but there is only the 2 hours of data from that nights sleep.

I switched out my climate line hose I have 3 news ones which I have tried them all and have exchanged 2 of them out with new ones I still get these same problem. I went back to the with the slimline hose, and everything works perfect when using it. So it seems like the problem is coming from my climate line hoses.

Has anyone else have experienced this problem? I don’t understand what has recently happen that may be causing this since I had no issues since April until 2 weeks ago and I keep getting these same issues on the 2 new machines I exchanged out.

I have the EXACT same problem but unfortunately no one can give me a reasonable explanation. I have tried my supplier and ResMed directly - each company keeps trying to push the issue to the other company. The folks on this board seem to think its a rainout issue - condensation in the tube is causing a malfunction that is either shutting down the machine with the "Tube blocked" error message, or it just causes it to inexplicably stop recording data. I have never tried switched from the ClimateLine to the unheated SlimLine tube, though, so it sounds like you might have actually found the issue yourself.

Furthermore I have found that this only occurs with the P10 mask, not the N10, which is what I used previously. The P10 has much smaller exhalation ports, and if there is any condensation in the mask, those ports can become blocked. I have a theory that this could also be the problem. My supplier suggested that switching the Mask Type back to "Nasal cushion" even though I'm using the nasal pillows might eliminate the issue, but I haven't tried that yet because I don't know how that changes the settings on the machine, and I don't really trust their advice at this point. I think I know more about the machine than they do!

In any case, you're not alone, and I understand the complete frustration you must be feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
My provider called resmed and told them that with the p10 mask the auto on and off setting needed to be turned off. I did this did and it did not work. I don't know how the rainout could be the problem when the climateline tube is made to get rid of the rainout. I think since you have to plug the climateline into the machine something is happening electronically.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 02:21 PM)Pugman Wrote: My provider called resmed and told them that with the p10 mask the auto on and off setting needed to be turned off. I did this did and it did not work. I don't know how the rainout could be the problem when the climateline tube is made to get rid of the rainout. I think since you have to plug the climateline into the machine something is happening electronically.

I didn't say I agreed with their assessment that it's caused by rainout. Also, even though the ClimateLine hose is designed to prevent rainout it still does not always work for me. I still get it especially in the mask and frame tubing, and sometimes in the ClimateLine tube itself, especially if I'm not using Auto climate control, which I often don't because I live in an arid climate and Auto climate control does not provide sufficient humidity to prevent nasal and throat irritation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pugman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 02:00 PM)Pugman Wrote: I have been having some issues with my Resmed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™machine with a climate line tube, and P10 nose pillows. I have been using this machine since April and have had no issues until the past 2 weeks. I have exchanged out my machine and climate line tube 2 times already. I have read some posts that seem like are close to my problem but I think I figured out what might be going on.

This is happening with my DW's 10 AutoSet with a climate line tube, and P10 nose pillows and it is pzing her off and driving me nuts because as she is still in her compliance period I am not going to touch it. Most recent time she was awake and reading when it shut itself off and there was no blockage. Hose is make a straight run from the machine to a hook on the wall and then down to her mask. I see no possible water trap. She does have nasal congestion and my best WAG is upper limit of 10cm will not push air and so machine thinks it has a blacked hose. This bugs me because I want to increase the upper limit a bit but don't wanna pss off her sleep doc and risk a non-compliance issue.

Rant Off and I feel better Too-funny
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have replaced my machine 3 times and also had my provider replace 3 of my climate line hoses. I have the issues weeded down to the climate line hose. If I use the slimline hose every works and records the entire night. When i use the climate line hose the problems happen. Being that I have had these same issues with 4 machines now its strange this issue isnt effecting more people. I called resmed and they told me they have never heard of these issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 04:24 PM)Pugman Wrote: I have replaced my machine 3 times and also had my provider replace 3 of my climate line hoses. I have the issues weeded down to the climate line hose. If I use the slimline hose every works and records the entire night. When i use the climate line hose the problems happen. Being that I have had these same issues with 4 machines now its strange this issue isnt effecting more people. I called resmed and they told me they have never heard of these issues.

I pretty much agree with your conclusion, that it is related to the ClimateLine hose, but I think it specifically has to do with condensation in the hose. I was having all of these problems in the summer, when I use the AC and the bedroom gets really cold. Now it's winter, and our bedroom is actually much warmer now, strangely enough. Ever since I quit using my window unit, condensation / rainout in the hose ceased, and so did all of these issues that plagued me in the summer. I haven't had a single problem since. I also have had 3 hoses replaced, which I rotate through, and they all work fine now..
Post Reply Post Reply
In my experience it is definitely with the hose. I am on my 4th machine so I realized the problem was likely to be corrected on my end. To resolve the issue I purchased a snugglehose for the tube, turned the tube setting to AUTO, took the "U" dip out of the line run between the machine and the mask, turned my room temperature at night up from 62 to 65 because I live in a high humidity area, and put the hose run under my covers for much of the run. Since applying these changes I have resolved these issues. YMMV
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 04:11 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: ...I want to increase the upper limit a bit but don't wanna pss off her sleep doc and risk a non-compliance issue.

The sleep doc doesn't care one darn bit. As far as being non-compliant if she uses the machine at least 4 hours a night for at least 70% of the compliant-time-period she's good to go. I really don't believe you have anything to worry about here.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 404 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,007 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.