Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison
AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison
I picked up my new AirSense 11 yesterday.  For the first time, I was concerned about the filter, seeing fibers sticking out.  I slight tug will pull fibers loose.  I wonder if they could come loose, go through the machine and make it to the mask.  The filters for the AirSense 11 are quite thin, less dense as compared to the AirSense 10.

I can't get the images of the filters to appear within this post so I will provide a link to them.

https://imgur.com/a/8iCdRMV

Aside New Attachment selected Choose File, the file appeared but there is no option to place it to this post.  I am still under my limit.  

I am hoping my DME will contact ResMed concerning the loose fibers on the the AirSense 11 filters or maybe [DME Link Removed]Supplier #1"  
has an opinion on them.

Another concern for AirSense filters is how clean they appear at changing time.  Filters for previous cpaps at changing time had obviously done a job of capturing particulates from the air.  For the past 5 years of AirSense 10's use the filters look as clean as their replacements. All other air filters in the house show the air has just as much particulates as always.

I wonder if others may have developed respiratory issues by using the AirSense 10 and/or AirSense 11.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 1 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 319 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 996 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 175 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,342 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,963 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,279 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.