Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 AutoSet…..purchase?
AirSense 10 AutoSet…..purchase?
My needs (cpap vs bipap) are still up in the air.  However, im looking to gather info.  Theres a lot of discussion here about Airsense 10 and AirSense 11.

Discounting what i consider nitpicky things (i.e., humidifer tray being easy to spill. etc), I think the main issue im hearing from people is that:

11 is the newest/greatest….but it has a proprietary power supply/connector.  It also allegedly uses the same smaller motor as the travel sized air mini, and the long term reliability of this motor hasnt been thoroughly determined.

10 is considered perfectly satisfying and uses a universal power supply/connecter.  It uses a somewhat larger motor with a strong reliability track record.

Ate there other major pros/cons im not picking up on?

Still using recalled Dreamstation, and Philips has pushed replacement back to end of 2023.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 AutoSet…..purchase?
Compared to Philips, the Resmed is a breath of fresh air. Read the wikis on:
C-Flex http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/C-Flex
EPR http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...lief_(EPR)

The Resmed provides real pressure reduction that lasts throughout the exhale cycle, then increases pressure support during inhale. This has a real and noticeable therapeutic effect on flow limitation which is your concern, and feels much more synced to your respiration, rather than the feel the presser relief is leading respiratory effort. My preference remains with the Airsense 10 due to the outlet orientation of the tube, available settings and proven heavier duty components. My Aircurve 10 is over 22000 hours, and I have a much lower use unit on standby.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the correct model that will allow me to view data on oscar?

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Card-to-Cloud, model #25738
Post Reply Post Reply
That will work just fine. Has SD card slot which is what Oscar uses, but this model does not have modem to "call home" to mama Resmed. I consider that a good feature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 399 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 54 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,518 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.