Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 AutoSet Auto Ramp after waking?
Question 
AirSense 10 AutoSet Auto Ramp after waking?
Hello all - I have an AirSense 10 AutoSet and really like the auto-ramp feature. I'm just wondering if I have a setting wrong though. When I wake up at night, the machine does not revert back to the very low pressure - it just stays at the continuous pressure until I turn the machine off. Doing that reactivates the auto-ramp. Have I done something wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 AutoSet Auto Ramp after waking?
(09-03-2015, 05:22 AM)daveasu Wrote: When I wake up at night, the machine does not revert back to the very low pressure - it just stays at the continuous pressure until I turn the machine off. Doing that reactivates the auto-ramp. Have I done something wrong?
No, that is how suppose to work. The machine detect sleep onset and increase pressure slowly to treatment pressure, if no sleep onset detected, pressure increase from the low start pressure to treatment pressure within 30 minutes. There is no benefit or treatment at the low start pressure, some find it helpful getting acclimatized with the treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
I found auto ramp to be very annoying. I turned it off and just run full pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi daveasu,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you find that the ramp feature is getting in your way, you can either decrease the time or turn it off completely.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned mine off, much better without it for me anywaySmile
Post Reply Post Reply
It's working exactly as designed. I have trouble relaxing and falling asleep with the pressure at min therapy pressure. The ramp feature keeps the pressure lower when the machine is first turned on, not when I am awake. Of course I am awake when I turn the machine on, but if I wake up during the night the ramp does not reset unless I also cycle the machine power.

Being at pressure is not therapeutic in itself. If you are at pressure AND this prevents an apnea, ONLY then was the pressure therapeutic. SO if I am at low pressure when I first turn the machine on AND there are no apnea events during the ramp time this has ZERO effect on my therapy. IIRC my machine will respond to an apnea during ramp, but I have never had one that soon into the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

----------------------------------------------------
(09-03-2015, 03:03 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Of course I am awake when I turn the machine on

Are you sure you are awake? Coffee I sometimes wonder if I am. I'm so tired at night I feel like a zombie. Big Grinnie
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2015, 07:04 AM)zonk Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 05:22 AM)daveasu Wrote: When I wake up at night, the machine does not revert back to the very low pressure - it just stays at the continuous pressure until I turn the machine off. Doing that reactivates the auto-ramp. Have I done something wrong?
No, that is how suppose to work. The machine detect sleep onset and increase pressure slowly to treatment pressure, if no sleep onset detected, pressure increase from the low start pressure to treatment pressure within 30 minutes. There is no benefit or treatment at the low start pressure, some find it helpful getting acclimatized with the treatment
I don not understand. Why would the machine provide treatment pressure when the person is NOT sleeping. If your not sleeping you don't have sleep apnea and thus don't need the pressures????
Post Reply Post Reply
They have not designed the software to detect an arousal and reduce pressure to the ramp level. Once you complete ramp, it is over unless manually reset by pressing the ramp button. Your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 08:36 AM)vjmarquis Wrote: I don not understand. Why would the machine provide treatment pressure when the person is NOT sleeping. If your not sleeping you don't have sleep apnea and thus don't need the pressures????
If the old memory serve me might, Fisher and Paykel "SensAwake" does exactly that, lower the pressure to start pressure whenever the machine detect that the sleeper is awake ... hence the name ... SensAwake
There is a debate on both sides, whether such feature is necessary or useful

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 10 147 56 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.