Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

persistent leak point - skin tac an option?
persistent leak point - skin tac an option?
I have a Resmed Quattro Air. (for now anyway, a P10 coming next week to try)

There is one point that always leaks. The low spot between the cheek and the nose, on my left side.

I ran the mask too tight the first two nights. I ran it looser the third and fourth nights, but it leaked off and on, all night. Worse later in the night as my face started getting oily again.

And even with the mask looser, across the top of my nose I'm still getting an indentation. And pain that lasts all day the next day.

I've heard some people use Skin Tac wipes to get a better seal, but haven't found much information on this. Does it work well? Does it affect the lifespan of the seal?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: persistent leak point - skin tac an option?
It happens because of the forehead anchor on the Quattro Air. You can buy the headgear and frame of a Resmed F10 and use the same cushion as QAir. On the F10, the anchors have moved down to the cheeks. They will give you a better seal in the area that you mentioned.

I have used both successfully but on the QAir, it needed a lot more tightening for me. I could wear the F10 very loose and not have big leaks.

Although now, I am on a P10.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had problems with the "frosted" silicone and face oils with the Quattro air, and switched it to the mirage Quattro which has a tackier silicone. My leak problems were solved by that easy change, but YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the skin tac wipes last night. They made my fingertips stickier than my face... I was trying to figure out how to put on the mask, turn on the machine, etc. without using my fingertips, but there's no good way. Smile

Had a great seal for the first couple of hours, airtight even while moving around. Later in the night I still had leaks as the oil came back. If I didn't have oily skin I would have probably had a good seal all night.

Even so, I had a record best AHI so far of 8.2 last night, so that's a good sign. Only 3 OA's and 3 HA's. The rest CA's.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 11 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.