Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 AutoSet Response Setting?
RE: AirSense 10 AutoSet Response Setting?
(10-31-2019, 06:56 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: The Airsense 10 For Her with firmware 0306 has Response as a separate menu item from the Therapy Mode.

Personally, I think Response should have three options: Soft, Regular, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot.

[Correction: Response is available in the Comfort section when using Autoset mode. When using For Her mode, the option disappears. So yes, it seems to be inherently part of the For Her mode, but can also be selected separately.]

Does that mode cause Pat Benatar to sing through your machine too?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2019, 06:45 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 09:27 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)encourage Wrote: It's under the Clinician menu->Comfort, just above the Ramp Time. My device software version is SX567-0401, in the about menu.

I just checked my 10 AutoSet and it doesn't appear to have that particular feature. My software version is SX567-0306.

This is curious.  I’m wondering what Software Version this feature was added, plus I’ve never heard anyone talk about using it.  

Also, would this soft feature be similar to what the AirSense for Her offers?

FWIW I think I've seen Sleeprider suggest to someone fairly recently to edit this to help with therapy. Don't ask which thread or in what specific scenario as I can't recall that. It does sound like this option was added in via machine program upgrades.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2019, 06:56 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: Personally, I think Response should have three options: Soft, Regular, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot.

Love it!

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This option has been around for several years, and I first saw it on my wife's machine. According to Resmed (Technological Features):

Quote:AutoSet Response mode

ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm now allows for additional customisation of therapy with the new AutoSet Response mode, which offers all the benefits of the enhanced AutoSet algorithm with gentler pressure increases for additional comfort.

For patients who are sensitive to faster changes in pressure during therapy, AutoSet Response can be set to either Standard or Soft. If set to soft, patients will receive gentler pressure rises during therapy.

That of course tells us nothing.  I will just assume it means what it says, and that the increase in pressure from flow limitation and OA events is slower than standard Autoset.  The Autoset For Her algorithm is also documented in that article, but we really don't know the specific response in Soft mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it on mine and its set to standard
Post Reply Post Reply
Just took a look at my AirSense 10 Autoset that is about one year old. Its SN is 556 0204 and it also has the Comfort option setting. Like Gary 1of2, my machine's setting shows Standard, which must be the default for this feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an appointment with my sleep doctor last week and he asked me to bring my machine.  He went over all the settings and made adjustments to make me more comfortable.  He set the response at "comfort"  and my ERP to Full time and level 3. He also looked at my masked and helped me decide if the medium or small cushion fit best.   

I no longer feel like I  am fighting with my mask all night and sleep so much better.   I love this doctor and made an appointment for him to see my husband.  

Not exactly sure what the response does.  He explained it at the time..... but I am sleeping better.    He was great,  we need more medical doctors like him.....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 407 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 150 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.