Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 AutoSet Response Setting?
AirSense 10 AutoSet Response Setting?
My new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet has a comfort setting labeled Response with the option of Standard or Soft. I don't see this setting described in the version of the clinical guide that I have. Is anyone able to shed some light on this setting?

Thank you,
Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 AutoSet Response Setting?
My 10 AutoSet doesn't have that option as far as I know. 

Is that in the regular menu or under the Clinician Menu?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's under the Clinician menu->Comfort, just above the Ramp Time. My device software version is SX567-0401, in the about menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)encourage Wrote: It's under the Clinician menu->Comfort, just above the Ramp Time.

From ResMed.   I personally have no experience with this setting.  

Oh great. Just when I thought I was done benchmarking all configuration variations on the Autoset.

WillSleep

/////////

AutoSet Response mode
ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm now allows for additional customisation of therapy with the new AutoSet Response mode, which offers all the benefits of the enhanced AutoSet algorithm with gentler pressure increases for additional comfort.

For patients who are sensitive to faster changes in pressure during therapy, AutoSet Response can be set to either Standard or Soft. If set to soft, patients will receive gentler pressure rises during therapy.

Available in the AirSense 10 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her devices.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)encourage Wrote: It's under the Clinician menu->Comfort, just above the Ramp Time. My device software version is SX567-0401, in the about menu.

I just checked my 10 AutoSet and it doesn't appear to have that particular feature. My software version is SX567-0306.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, WillSleep! I appreciate you help.

I do wonder how a sensitivity to rapid pressure change manifests itself. I'll see what I can find and post back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:29 PM)encourage Wrote: Thank you, WillSleep! I appreciate you help.

I do wonder how a sensitivity to rapid pressure change manifests itself. I'll see what I can find and post back.

Awesome.  Thanks!

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:27 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)encourage Wrote: It's under the Clinician menu->Comfort, just above the Ramp Time. My device software version is SX567-0401, in the about menu.

I just checked my 10 AutoSet and it doesn't appear to have that particular feature. My software version is SX567-0306.

This is curious. I’m wondering what Software Version this feature was added, plus I’ve never heard anyone talk about using it.

Also, would this soft feature be similar to what the AirSense for Her offers?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airsense 10 For Her with firmware 0306 has Response as a separate menu item from the Therapy Mode.

Personally, I think Response should have three options: Soft, Regular, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot.

[Correction: Response is available in the Comfort section when using Autoset mode. When using For Her mode, the option disappears. So yes, it seems to be inherently part of the For Her mode, but can also be selected separately.]
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same software as Big Guy, SX567-0306, & I have the soft- standard Response in Comfort.

Don't know what it's for, never used it.   Dont-know  I had my machine for about 2 years.

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 47 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 153 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.