Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Autoset Humidifier Kaput
AirSense 10 Autoset Humidifier Kaput
Hello all. The humidifier on my 5-year old AirSense 10 quit heating. It's been kaput for months while I've been sorting out Medicare and other issues of my recent retirement. Yesterday, I found a thread on this forum targeting the same issue with some troubleshooting tips. So I removed the plastic cover under the heating plate, dis- and re-connected the wire harness and tested the fuse, which checked out for continuity. I put the cover back on, fired up the machine, and was thrilled to find the humidifier heating again. That was in the afternoon. When I relocated the machine to the bedroom that evening, no heat. (Dang!) I'm very much a DIY guy, and would like to fix this thing if at all possible. When replying, please don't assume that I know anything about software, circuit boards and the like. If parts are required, pls include part numbers and where to buy info, as well as step-by-step directions for their installation. Many thanks for your help, PW
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Autoset Humidifier Kaput
I know this is an old thread but I just had this issue with my airsense 10 and repaired it for $7. If this happens to anyone else, do what the OP did, unplug the unit, unscrew the covering under the hot plate, unplug the three wired plug. But instead of replugging the plug, use some tweezers to remove the fuse, take the blown fuse to an electronics shop and get a replacement. Reinstall and voila.... 

I thought I was going to either have to live with a dry mouth or get a new CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 464 31 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 92 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 180 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 615 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 699 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.