Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Autoset and Elite
RE: AirSense 10 Autoset and Elite
Dave, thanks for the explanation. 
Can you elaborate on how the S10 is better than the s9? In what way is the humidifier better? Most mornings I look at the water level and it's hardly changed since the night, not even sure it's done anything. (On the other hand, if I don't use it, my throat gets very dry, so it must be working.)
Is there a difference in the noise level compared with the s9?
Do you feel a difference in the treatment?
Post Reply Post Reply
From my perspective, here are my observations.  The A10 has a more universal power connection, making aftermarket power supplies more readily available at lower prices.  If you aren't using the humidifier, the S9 has a smaller footprint.  They are both similarly quiet.  The AS10 does report RERA's, the S9 doesn't.  If the A10 series was just emerging, I would really consider sticking with the S9 because of having all the proprietary parts, (e.g.: ClimateLine, humidifier tank, power supplies), but with the A10 series being matured, I can't think of a valid reason not to move on to it. It is now a proven stable product.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2021, 01:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: From my perspective, here are my observations.  The A10 has a more universal power connection, making aftermarket power supplies more readily available at lower prices.  If you aren't using the humidifier, the S9 has a smaller footprint.  They are both similarly quiet.  The AS10 does report RERA's, the S9 doesn't.  If the A10 series was just emerging, I would really consider sticking with the S9 because of having all the proprietary parts, (e.g.: ClimateLine, humidifier tank, power supplies), but with the A10 series being matured, I can't think of a valid reason not to move on to it.  It is now a proven stable product.

Thanks, I didn't understand your comment about the power connection and aftermarket power supplies. Do you mean that if you need a new power supply for the S10 you can get it from other vendors at a lower price?
Post Reply Post Reply
Big time!  Both the AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies are about 1/3 the price of a Resmed brand.  The A10's power supply and associated plug is used by many other types of devices, unlike the S9's proprietary plug. If you are wondering, several laptop computers use the same power supply.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Benzi I wish I could reply with a quote.

I use the same mask with my S10 as I did with the S9.

the humidifier: I have a spare. I now use the dishwasher washable tub that allows me to use city water. The original one is my spare. I bought it.  The chamber is easier to fill for me.  I seem to have more water left over. No science here--but my reaction is that it may be larger. Water usage depends on settings. I had my S9 maxed out.  The S10 is the way it came from my DME--I feel good, and have water left over.

My S10 is quieter.  Of course it is--my S9 E had 22,100 hours on it.

The filter is easier to change (for me anyway.)

The card is easy to remove on the S10
The hose connection is better on the S10

The power "brick" is smaller; easier to carry when I travel. (I always carry an extension cord + surge suppressor when I travel.)

Someone said that the S9 is smaller (provided you don't have a humidifier attached.)  My humidifier on the S10 is always attached. It's a feature, as I don't have a panel to close off the end of the S10.

Don't know why--I find it easier to change settings on the S10. The clinician's setup manual makes more sense to me.  Got the setup manual here.  I'm not important enough to get it from my DME.

Of course my S9 E was a cpap.  My S10 was sold as a CPAP. I had to change the settings myself using recommendations from folks here. The Clinician's Setup Manual is a necessity.

Finally, at first my numbers (results) using the S10 were attrocious. It took some time for me to settle down. Now my numbers are excellent. And I feel much better.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2021, 10:31 AM)Benzi Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:32 AM)astraith Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 03:15 AM)Benzi Wrote: Hi Mesenteria

Thanks for all the info. My background: I've been using CPAP for almost a year and a half. AHI was below 5 - which is not considered apnea in my part of the woods (I know that the situation is different in some other places). It was a life-changer for me; for the first time in years I was able to get through the work day without 6-8 espressos.
Then around a year ago my sleep quality tanked, AHI went to 12-14, and I was getting up exhausted. Most of the apneas were CAs. The "sleep doctor" prescribed a pill to help me sleep - "when people get CAs after a period with CPAP, we treat them the same way as OAs" or something similar. The pills worked like a charm for a few months, then stopped working. When I talked to my GP, she said I shouldn't be taking them for a long time, that I should get off them (the "sleep doctor" had not said anything about short-term use). So I had a couple of weeks of pure hell, waking up every hour. I felt like shooting the doctor who got me hooked on the pills. Now things are somewhat better, I'm in the process of researching what natural aids I should use so I don't wake up 2-3 times each night. Last night was a good one - AHI of 1.7 and I'm less tired. In general the apneas that I get are CAs, my OAs are zero or close to it.
If there is a machine that will improve my sleep quality better than what the S9 does, I'll buy it. My insurance subsidized the S9 that I bought a year and a half ago, and they only do that once in 5 years. So if I decide to buy a different machine now, it will be at my expense. Which is why I've been asking all these questions, to choose the best machine for me. It seems that the S10 Autoset For Her might do the trick.
(Incidentally, I see that you and I are using the same range of pressures - 5-8.)

Thanks again!

Oh no!! I am always scared of using sleep supplements for exactly that reason!! The only thing I tried - which I don’t now - was a drink that has a little melatonin, but I am so sorry your “sleep doctor” told you to use those pills!! 

I am actually about to be switching to an Autoset. Last night I figured out how to program my pressure and I’m going to try to use it. I loved my S9 and hated my Philips device I had - and the Philips broke!!! 

I do have a question, is there a reason why you want to upgrade? Is the S9 not working for you or you just want the newer model? Im just wondering since you just got the S9. I have been using my Philips for about 4-5 years and I’m only switching back to my S9 and now to the Autoset because the Philips broke. And I was lucky - my dad stopped using his Autoset and he gave it to me. 

Anyway, have a great day and hopefully a better sleep!!!

Hi Astraith

Lately the noise from the machine is disturbing my wife's sleep - not sure whether it's the noise from the machine or from the mask. In addition my sleep quality has not been fantastic lately, and since I've read some reports of the S10 Autoset providing better treatment, I'm thinking about getting it.

Ah I understand! My Phillips is making like a darth vader noise! It actually also disturbed my wife at first! And she has hearing problems! 

I can tell you from use last night -- the Autoset is really quiet. The humidifier seems better too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for the info about the S10 being quieter than the S9.

FYI regarding medication: the melatonin 5mg that I started last week seems to be helping. My AHI is down again and I wake up less frequently.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 418 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 111 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.