Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Autoset date wrong & I can't fix it
Ohmy 
AirSense 10 Autoset date wrong & I can't fix it
I currently have 2 ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her CPAPs. When I checked my usage lately my sleep report has been telling me that I have used it for less than 4 hours, when I know that I absolutely have been using it longer. As part of the investigation into the cause I switched to my backup machine to at least rule out a problem with the machine. I was also wondering if a CPAP that wasn't plugged in would maintain the correct time and would it update to Daylight Savings Time, so the first thing I did after plugging in my backup was to go to the settings to fix the time if necessary. To my surprise the time was within a few minutes, but the date was somehow set 1 day ahead! When I turned it back to the correct date I found myself staring at an error message that said "you can't set the date to a date in the past". Oh-jeez I'm not trying to go to a past date, I'm trying to go to the current date! This error is especially bad for the SleepyHead software, and probably ResMeds software too. It means that when I change from the machine with the current date to the one that's ahead 1 day it will look like I missed a day. When I switch them back to the one with the current date I will go from tomorrow to today and I have no idea what software will do with that. I tried to go into the SleepyHead dataset to correct the date, but that wasn't possible for someone who isn't a computer guru. HELP!

Does anyone know how to fix the date from tomorrow to today? Is there anyway to fix the dataset? Dont-know   Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Autoset date wrong & I can't fix it
Setting the date is a bit tricky. You have to understand how computers think and when a "data" day begins and ends. A data day starts at noon and spans 2 calendar days. 

Setting the day ahead can be done any time after noon and before the first use of the cpap. 

Setting the time back still needs to be done after noon but also latter at least the number of hours you intend to move it back. Backing up the time one hour cannot be done 1:00 pm (1300 hours). Backing up days would require you to not use the cpap for the number of days you want back it up. You must have a "free data day". 

I have successfully moved my machine ahead and back by waiting until afternoon and before bedtime. 

Good luck
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
What Rcgop said, as well as, reformatting your SD card should remove the date files that are preventing you from change it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I can do better. 

You went to bed at 10:00pm on May1st and woke up at 6:00am May 2nd. This is a data day. If the cpap is on May 3, then you cannot use the machine until after noon May 3. The machine will move to the 4th and then you should be able to move it back to the 3rd. As long as you did not use it on the 3rd. 

I think I am confusing myself.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Just thought of another "possible" fix. Just remove the sd card for one day. When you reinsert it, change the date immediately.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll have the same problem even with the SD card out because compliance data is stored internal to the machine.
The easiest way is to remove the SD card.
Go into the menu and write down all settings.  In the Configuration menu is: "Erase All Data"
If you're up for it, do it.  The data that keeps you from rolling back the date will be gone.
All data will be gone.
Go back into the menu and set the date and time.  Plus set all the therapy and comfort parameters back to those you wrote down.
Now, the SD card will have to be reformatted in a PC to FAT32.  When you reinsert the SD card, you will get a message that the machine is formatting the card.
Do not do this if you are being compliance monitored for insurance or an occupational licensing agency.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
One piece of advise: don't change the CPAP machine's time or date for travel, especially across the date line. Just use it and ignore the timestamp until you return. It's not that important, and these machines don't do well with patient manipulation of time. Feel free to change your watch or carry a phone with international calling. The only good reason to change CPAP time is if you're permanently moving.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From experience I know that once data is recorded for a day, you cannot go back and set the date to that day. But with two machines, I'd think you'd be able to use one and leave the other idle for a couple-few days and work your way back to the correct date, then do the other one. Or, if your compliance isn't monitored closely/remotely (or if you're not within a compliance period of your next Dr.'s appointment), you can do this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...te-Problem
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 211 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.