Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Autoset keep max pressure
RE: AirSense 10 Autoset keep max pressure
Thank you Dog Slobber,
AutoSet for Her was one in my mind one of the options to change, but was trying to find others.
I had a S9 for 8 years with the same setup with a max pressure at 9.4 and in my history I never had more than 3.5 AIH.  The S9 never hold the max pressure for the rest of the night like the AirSense, and

1 - Yes tonight I will remove the "Her" setup (hope I am not queer Ha Ha).  I kept it because I have a small nose (used Swift Nano XS for her for 8 years) and thought that for low pressure like I used before it was a good thing.
I also bought a "For Her" because the Phillips recall only "for Her" has available.

2 - and depending the result, I will raise my max pressure by 0.5 progressively day by day.

Also, 15 minutes ago, I just adapted temporarily for a test a Evora headgear to a Brevida mask.
Easy to do, seems strong fixation, and tonight will tell if OK.
Since 2 weeks I was using my Brevida with a combination of the standard Breviad headgear mixed with my older Swift Nano headgear and everything was fine but the "double thickness" on the cheeks.  Now very thin.
I will post my results in a separate thread.

Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
The property of "holding the max pressure", or more accurately, establishing a new minimum pressure, is not a property of the AirSense or S9, it's a property of the AutoSet for Her algorithm.

You would not have experienced it on your S9, unless it was an S9 AutoSet for Her and you were using the the AutoSet for Her mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2022, 01:01 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: From the clinical guide:

I suggest you switch to regular AutoSet Mode, and consider setting Soft Response, if you are accustomed to it's gentler pressure changes.

Oh and BTW, I think both your Min and Max pressures are too low.

Thank you very much Dog Slobber. 

Thanks You were the one with the good solution....  HER is not for me !   Oh-jeez

As a first try I only changed the mode from HER to "APAP" automatic CPAP, but did not change at all the min/max pressure.
After 2 weeks of adaptation to my new AirSense Autoset I had my best night.    AHI 1.79 !
My Brevida with Evora headgear is also good, only few big leaks, and good comfort.

Thank you again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
THANK YOU TO ALL that answered.
You drived me to solve my problem... remove the "women" setup...  I can't be NON GENDERED   Too-funny   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 23 443 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.