Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Autoset keep max pressure
AirSense 10 Autoset keep max pressure
Sometimes I check my CPAP nights with Oscar (Thank you for this super tool and hope ALL users make donations  :-)

Last night, OK after a series of events in 6 minutes, the CPAP decided to keep stable at my max pressure and never lower it to min as it does normally.
I could understand the reason but would prefer it to stay at the "normal" patern rather than keeping at max and generate lot of leaks.

Is there a setup I can say "don't keep max always try to lower" ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Autoset keep max pressure
Look at your flow limits chart and see what it has. If there's high FL at that point of high pressure, that's why.

The other possible answer is that you just need more than 9.4 Max.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, The OSCAR development team does not solicit or accept donations.   However, word on the street is that they do like compliments.  Big Grin

It appears your CPAP went to a static pressure.  Strange!   Your Flow Limit's highest value doesn't seem to support the pressure increase, or at least staying there.  The Resmed uses the Flow Limit value in determining a pressure change.  Does your data exhibit this behavior in the past?  If so, how often?  You may consider increasing the upper pressure limit to see if you either don't have it set high enough for your therapy, or the machine is experiencing a problem sensing the pressure feedback.  Out of curiosity, how long is your ramp set to?  If this is the only way to get to sleep, then fine.  However, the ramp is delaying the onset of the proper therapy pressure.

Also, you are using the Advanced Daily display setting.  This is normally used for the Bi-level and ASV type of CPAPs.  Your Autoset would use the Standard setting in order to display the more import graphs for that model.  The graph order for each of these settings are predefined to list the parameters in order of importance.  

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could this be the same missing data issue we have seen but with the final pressure at min (elsewhere)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes this could be true, but I use the Autoset since March 9th with my OLD Swift FX Nano and this did only start to happens when I changed to my new Brevida mask one week later.  Crimson made the same comment on increasing my max pressure.
Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson, very happy to have comments from so experienced user.

As I mentioned before... Yes the too low max pressure could be true, but I use the Autoset since March 9th with my OLD Swift FX Nano and this did only start to happens when I changed to my new Brevida mask one week later. 

With my Swift mask for one week no static max pressure only with the Brevida.  But I love the comfort of the Brevida, it is much better than the Swift Nano, the only problem is this static high pressure.

My ramp in at the minimum 5 minutes, and for me the low pressure at 7 can be right at the start.  5 minutes is only because I thought it need not to be at low at the start.

Lower are my settings, and for the next nights I will raise the max pressure at ... HUM... from 9.4 to 10.0 ?  Hope this will improve.

Thank you for help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm at a loss for an explanation.  The only things that come to mind is a pressure sensor malfunction and/or a "brain-fart of the firmware".  Have you cleaned the machine with any disinfectants or ozone generators?   I would try a total power down and system reboot.  Remove the power plug from your CPAP for about a minute or longer, then power it back up.  Of course, you will need to wait until after the next sleep session to find out if this had any affect.  You might try switching to a different mask declaration, then switch back to the Pillows setting.  If you try this, make sure you exit out of the menu after changing this setting.  By exiting, it will force the AS10 to write the setting to memory.

BTW: I agree, the Brevida is a fine mask!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Again Crimson, very pleased with an experienced user. 
I am using CPAP since 8 years, but with my obsolete S9 I never had any "problem", just started with machine and mask change.
Before it was like a "Maytag" ...  :-)

Have you cleaned the machine with any disinfectants or ozone generators?     NO

I would try a total power down and system reboot.   Remove the power plug from your CPAP for about a minute or longer, then power it back up. 
Yes I disconnected for a trip 2 times in the last days.  Each day I shutoff power (with top button) to remove SD card.

Will be patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that you are a couple steps ahead of me.  I will keep trying to think of alternatives.  Thinking-about
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The reason your device will not drop beneath 9.4 is because you are in For Her mode.

One of the "features" of For Her mode is to establish a new minimum pressure should it detect more than 2 obstructive apneas within a minute.

At 1:15 you had two OAs, the device then set the new minimum at 9.4. It also couldn't increase it because that was you max.

From the clinical guide:
Quote:AutoSet for Her Mode
  • Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apnoeas: If two apnoeas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnoea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session.

I suggest you switch to regular AutoSet Mode, and consider setting Soft Response, if you are accustomed to it's gentler pressure changes.

Oh and BTW, I think both your Min and Max pressures are too low.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 408 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.