Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue
AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue
Posting this on here with the hopes this helps someone else. I was prescribed an AirSense 10 it apparently does not record a lot of data. when used with Oscar, which btw seems to be an amazing tool, the AirSense 10 will not provide you with AHI along with other data fields, in fact all it provides is usage hours and the set pressure. I'm an airline pilot and have been hauling this thing with me for the last 5 years!! its heavy and extremely bulky a huge pain to carry this thing around. I've ask my doc to prescribe and have ordered the Dreamstation Go which should arrive tomorrow. I'll update this post once I have some data on it and upload it to OSCAR. If there are any other pilots on here, feel free to chime in, is the DreamSation Go a good set up?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue
My choice would be to take my 'full sized" ResMed. It comes with a nice travel case. That is what I use whenever I travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
As crew we have limited space and can only bring 1 roller bag and a flight bag. Unfortunately my full size machine takes up 1/3 of the space inside my roller bag. Does anyone know if the Dreamstation Go will work properly with OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
It does.
I'd ask if there is an exception for a CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion, I don't know if I could trust a travel PAP to do the job of apnea combat as well as regular sized machines. I realize your limited space concern, but as bonjour mentions, maybe see about a medical equipment exemption.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,408 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 658 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.