Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Climate Control Auto
AirSense 10 Climate Control Auto
From: http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/p...lo_eng.pdf

Tube Temperature (page 3)
In Climate Control Auto there is no need to change any settings, but if the air in the mask feels too warm or cold you can adjust the tube temperature to find what is most comfortable for you. You can set the Tube Temperature to anywhere between 60–86°F (16–30°C), or turn it off completely

When I set the climate control to 'Auto', there is no "Tube Temp" option
Tube Temp only available when "Manual" selected

Now, what I'm missing .....

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSesne 10 Climate Control Auto
There is a discrepancy with some manuals that don't match the machine operation. The S9 was setup so that you could change the hose temp even tho the climate control was set to Auto. You can't do that with the Airsense machine.......the only way to control the hose temp is to switch to manual. I think there must have been a change to the machine that was not communicated within ResMed........I have the manual for the ClimateLineAir hose that directly contradicts the manual for the machine, even shows a slightly different settings screen than what the machine has in terms of climate control. So my conclusion is that the machine's final production configuration had that change, but not all the manuals match the final software configuration of the production machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 10:40 AM)under pressure Wrote: There is a discrepancy with some manuals that don't match the machine operation. The S9 was setup so that you could change the hose temp even tho the climate control was set to Auto. You can't do that with the Airsense machine.......the only way to control the hose temp is to switch to manual. I think there must have been a change to the machine that was not communicated within ResMed........I have the manual for the ClimateLineAir hose that directly contradicts the manual for the machine, even shows a slightly different settings screen than what the machine has in terms of climate control. So my conclusion is that the machine's final production configuration had that change, but not all the manuals match the final software configuration of the production machine.
Thanks, under pressure

That what I thought, indicate ResMed made a rush job with launching the machine before getting everything in order, probably to catch up with some lost sales in US

They should just kept climate control Auto, as the S9, where you can change tube temperature to preference and not locked at 27C

On the other hand, they might decide to change it, in some future software upgrade

Sorry ResMed, this a step backward
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with you, it's like they took a convenient feature away in a newer machine.....a step backwards.

But at least we still have the option to run in manual and set both hose temp and humidity to our liking.........oh well
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't mind it at all. I usually only use the temp control if my line has condensation in it then I will turn the temp to 62 degrees and it keeps the condensation down and the temp from getting to warm as I don't like hot air in my nose at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Climate Control Auto
So on another thread here a user of a newer Airsense than mine and newer software version is now able to run climate control in Auto but he is now able to change hose temp in Auto like the S9 does.

I'll see if I can reference that post here.......anyway looks like they fixed that issue with some of the more recent Airsense machines that have come out with a newer software version. Interesting

(Yesterday 05:28 PM)under pressure Wrote:
Breathingwell.........a quick question for you on your Airsense machine.

I used to use an S9 and with the heated hose you could run the Auto climate control in Auto with the default auto humidity setting of 80% humidity, but while running in Auto you could still change/adjust your hose temperature without having to go to manual.

When I got an early version of the Airsense AutoSet back in September of 2014 I immediately noticed that I could not run the climate control the same way as I used to on the S9. On my Airsense if I have it in Auto Climate control it defaults to humidity at 85% and hose temp to 80 degrees F. I can no longer adjust the hose temp while leaving it in Auto, instead the only way to change hose temp is to set it into Manual mode and then control Humidity setting and Hose temp setting independently.

It sounds like from your post that on your Airsense machine you can run it in Auto, but still control the Hose temp even though you're in Auto mode.......is this the case? And if so, can you tell me your machine's software version number (find that in "About" in your settings menu)...... You've got me curious if there are some different versions now out that function differently in this respect.

Answer:
Yes I can set the hose temperature separate from the mode in Auto or Manual. The system SW SX567-0302. Let me know if there is some other information I can give you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Climate Control Auto
(06-08-2015, 10:06 AM)under pressure Wrote: Answer:
Yes I can set the hose temperature separate from the mode in Auto or Manual.
Mine does not allow setting tube temp from the Auto mode, only from the Manual mode
Sometimes does pay, not be the first in the queue whenever a new machine launched
Patience is virtue

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,631 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 230 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 162 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 1,080 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 313 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 311 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 432 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.