Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Heated Hose
AirSense 10 Heated Hose
Hi. I've been using the AirSense 10 for quite some time now. It has the heated humidifier water and the Climate Line heated hose. The water heats up fine but the hose doesn't seem to be doing much at all. If I sleep in a 64 degree room shouldn't I be able to feel at least some warmth when I feel the outside of the tube? I have measured the temperature of the air flow and it is only about 70 degrees. I did feel some warmth from the tube twice in the 9 months since I have had it. So have I been using a bad supposed to be heated tube all along? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Heated Hose
Hi Willky.

The heated hose is used to prevent rainout - ie condensation inside the tube. It's only a couple of degrees above ambient so you won't feel much - if any - difference. So long as you're not getting condensation then it's doing its job. Rainout can be a real nuisance, with water drops being blown through your mask and waking you, or water collecting in the tube and causing bubbling noises.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. The tube is only heated enough to prevent condensation in the tube. It is not heated to provide a flow of warm air for you to breathe in.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the manual settings for the heated hose, the default temperatures are in the 70s and upper range is in the 80s. Since skin temperature is 98.6, the hose NEVER feels warm to the touch. Even the humidifier chamber heater is only in the low 100 degree range, which is barely perceived as warm, not hot. I use a fleece cover on my hose, and it feels softer and warmer, but it sure doesn't feel like an electric blanket.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am considering a purchase of a heated hose because I experience considerable condensation. My ResMed Air Sense 10 provides for the use of it.

For those that have this heated hose, can you help me understand it better: It appears (from looking at the back of my pump) that there is a small plug of sorts.

Is the heat for the tube generated by a type of electric resistant element? How does one keep this type of hose cleaned? My regular plastic non-heated hose can be liberally doused in water. I can imagine that this would not be recommended with a heated hose if it has a heat element.

Your comments are appreciated,
frank.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2017, 12:02 PM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: I am considering a purchase of a heated hose because I experience considerable condensation. My ResMed Air Sense 10 provides for the use of it.

For those that have this heated hose, can you help me understand it better: It appears (from looking at the back of my pump) that there is a small plug of sorts.

Is the heat for the tube generated by a type of electric resistant element? How does one keep this type of hose cleaned? My regular plastic non-heated hose can be liberally doused in water. I can imagine that this would not be recommended with a heated hose if it has a heat element.

Your comments are appreciated,
frank.
Hi Frank,
I have the AirSense 10 Autoset with the heated hose. I also experienced a lot of condensation initially so I got the heated tube. The hose has a resistor wire coiled throughout the length of the tube and there is a flat electrical connector on the machine end that plugs in there. You can adjust the tube temperature in the settings once you plug the heated hose in or leave it in auto. Without a heated hose connected, there is no adjustment in the user settings menu. Cleaning is just like a non heated hose, just let it dry completely before hooking it back up. I hope this helps.

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have rainout issue ,you definitely will want the heated hose it will help, and you won't get burned ( no pun intended) it does the job!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It can be cleaned and doused in water.

To prevent rainout set the humidity control on Auto and the tube temp to your liking. Mine is at 84. No rainout. For good measure I also use a hose cover.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a ClimateLine hose for my A10. It does the job well. I find the best results by setting the hose temperature and humidifier to the "auto" mode. It works well and I don't have to fiddle with settings.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can a heated hose be safely and fully doused in water/ cleaning solution?

There is another thread running about what type of cleaner to use. Per my comments there, I (perhaps being new to CPAP) might be overly conscious of being too hygienic. I would like to immerse any components that has my air-entrenched hydro-mucus breath passing through it so that I can fully clean it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question Hose volume Willw 4 232 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 604 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 227 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.