Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Humidifier is not working
AirSense 10 Humidifier is not working
Last week I purchased a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset C-PAP machine. The humidifier has never worked. I have changed the setting to different values (4,6, and 7) and the Humidifier heating Icon shows on the screen, but the water level never changes. A message "ClimateLine Fault, Change hose" started appearing a couple days after I bought the machine. I am not using a ClimateLine hose, just the hose that shipped with the product. The mask fits well and a smiley face appears on the screen for both mask and humidifier. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Humidifier is not working
It sounds like the machine is confused. You could change the settings yourself with the help of the clinician manual, but since the machine is brand new I would take it back to Mr. Resmed's store and tell them to give you the climateline hose the machine thinks it wants, or fix the settings so the humidifier works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick response. Reading the clinician manual, it indicates that some options are only available when a ClimateLineAir tube is connected (Climate Control). When I go to the Clinical Menu, the options for Tube are SlimLine or Standard. This parameter is set to Standard. Climate Control does not appear as an menu item. The manual states that a ClimateLineAir tube is automatically detected. I am at a loss for what parameter to change. I will take it back to store.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi spooky101,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since your machine is new, it would be a good idea to take it back to the store and have them take a look at it, and if necessary, they could exchange it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Good luck on getting your machine straightened out and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2015, 01:54 PM)spooky101 Wrote: Thanks for the quick response. Reading the clinician manual, it indicates that some options are only available when a ClimateLineAir tube is connected (Climate Control). When I go to the Clinical Menu, the options for Tube are SlimLine or Standard. This parameter is set to Standard. Climate Control does not appear as an menu item. The manual states that a ClimateLineAir tube is automatically detected. I am at a loss for what parameter to change. I will take it back to store.
Welcome, You are correct the machine will recognize the Climate line tube when installed. You have Standard checked which should be good I think the only difference with the slimline tube is it's shorter and a little smaller diameter , but you could try that setting, any way the machine must think your using the Climate hose or I wouldn't think you would get that error message.
One thing you could try is to total unplug your machine let it set for a few minutes then plug it in and reset you hose choice and your humidification like to 5 or 6, and if that doesn't work I'd contact your DME or who you bought from, These machines have a 2 year warrantee.
Good Luck!
Keep us posted..
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot one thing, If you do get your problem solved I would recommend the ClimatelineAir Hose. I'm not sure of your location but here in the cool no Cold climate that heated hose is nice and I use the auto feature and have real good results (No rainout at all).
Best to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Again, thanks for the quick responses. I contacted the vendor and they suggested removing the SD card and unplugging the device for a couple minutes. Exactly as Mr. Van Winkle suggested. I tried that and the plate seemed to be warmer. I will report back in the morning. I am in Oklahoma, so I may need to cool the tube.

Edit: The vendor was very helpful. If unplugging the device doesn't work, they agreed to exchange it for another one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mr. Van Winkle. Your suggestion of unplugging the machine appears to have worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 10:27 PM)spooky101 Wrote: Thanks Mr. Van Winkle. Your suggestion of unplugging the machine appears to have worked.

You are very welcome, glad that worked for you, Just remember you have a lot of support on this board, there are many helpful folks here.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Spooky;

I have the AirSense 10 Autoset, but with the ClimateLine heated tube. My wife has the AirSense 10 For Her Autoset, also with the heated tube. We would get the same error and the humidifier would quit working for the rest of the night once the error occurred. ResMed replaced my machine and it was still doing it. Nothing like waking up in the morning with your tongue sticking to the roof of your mouth because it's so dry.

I found that by pulling out the power supply cord going into the back of the machine just enough so that it lost power and then pushing it back in, my machine and my wife's would work fine that night. Now I do that to her machine and mine every night after filling our humidifiers and reinserting them into our machines and we don't get the error.

As an old electronics engineer, I suspect a firmware bug which hopefully ResMed will soon resolve. I don't like the idea of constantly power-cycling the machine every night as doing so exposes the machines' electronics to what we call "in rush" current which can prematurely age some of the electronic components.

Otherwise, we both really like our machines much better than our previous Respironics autos.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 5 459 8 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 141 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 699 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 330 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 192 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.