Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Humidifier is not working
RE: AirSense 10 Humidifier is not working
(02-09-2015, 05:24 PM)spooky101 Wrote: Again, thanks for the quick responses.  I contacted the vendor and they suggested removing the SD card and unplugging the device for a couple minutes. Exactly as Mr. Van Winkle suggested.   I tried that and the plate seemed to be warmer. I will report back in the morning.  I am in Oklahoma, so I may need to cool the tube.

Edit: The vendor was very helpful.  If unplugging the device doesn't work, they agreed to exchange it for another one.

Thanks CPAP brothers! My 5 month old ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP failed to recognize my humidifier after I pulled the plug for a few days when moving to a new place. Instead of the humidifier symbols on the front panel (3 squiggly vertical curves) I was getting a blinking X. The humidifier was not working and the machine was unusable. My supplies vendor was totally unhelpful. The ResMed company refused to get involved. In frustration I decided to search on the Internet and luckily found this forum. I tried the suggestion above. Unplugged the power, removed the SD card, and left it off for a few hours. Then I plugged in the power, and VOILA, the humidifier symbols were back! Put in the SD card and the humidifier symbols stayed on. Now I am back in business. It works perfectly again. There must be some kind of software bug. Too bad the company is not more helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello from Greece
The model that is sold here does not come with the humidifier
Since the prices here are too high compared to those in the USA and the machine's homeland, Australia, I have asked a relative of mine who lives there, to bring me the humidifier and the ClimateLine tube this summer that she comes here for her holidays.
Yet, I can't see any options neither for the tube nor for the humidifier on the device's menu
And they don't appear even on the clinician's menu.
Should I do something or these options will appear as soon as I connect the parts on the device?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed senses the ClimateLine is connected and adds its options to the menu. It may sense the presence of the water tub to provide those options as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 01:38 PM)rfletch Wrote: Hi, Spooky;

I found that by pulling out the power supply cord going into the back of the machine just enough so that it lost power and then pushing it back in, my machine and my wife's would work fine that night.  Now I do that to her machine and mine every night after filling our humidifiers and reinserting them into our machines and we don't get the error.

As an old electronics engineer, I suspect a firmware bug which hopefully ResMed will soon resolve.  I don't like the idea of constantly power-cycling the machine every night as doing so exposes the machines' electronics to what we call "in rush" current which can prematurely age some of the electronic components...

I could see the cord and receptacle succumbing to premature wear as well.  

If it were a firmware problem, wouldn't all such machines perform the same way?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 466 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 141 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 699 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 330 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 192 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.