Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Curious as to what it takes to become a certified sleep doc?
RE: Curious as to what it takes to become a certified sleep doc?
(07-14-2015, 02:21 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 01:39 PM)DocWils Wrote: Good on yer Dad! I bet he was good physician, too. Certainly dedicated. Well done, that man.

Docs who do a thorough history and are great problem solvers are still out there even if an endangered species. Dr B takes as much time as he - or I - need and for that I am grateful. First visit was about 45 minutes. Smile He recently told me he would do his job for free he loves it so much.

Doc Wils I'll take a crusty old Charles W. Kingsfield Jr. who is at the top of his game anytime over a personable yet ineffective "nice" person any day.

Me too. Alas, I am starting to resemble Professor Kingsfield (and Seth Hazlitt) a bit too much, minus the hair loss. Ah, well, we always think that getting old is something that happens to someone else, and then we catch a glimpse in the mirror and give a little whimper.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curious as to what it takes to become a certified sleep doc?
Drew Carey used to tell a joke about his experience of getting Lasik surgery. Being a life-long wearer of glasses, he never really ever saw himself naked getting out of the shower, until....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 115 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 206 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 234 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 267 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] interpreting data: curious wakeup followed by lots of apneas doodat 12 1,227 11-04-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: doodat
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,432 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 852 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.