Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Ramp Setting
RE: AirSense 10 Ramp Setting
I tend to use auto ramp for my first session of the night then if I get up briefly in the night I turn it off for subsequent sessions. Going straight to full pressure can feel pretty weird at the start of the night, but I when I wake up I'm so used to it I actually have to make an effort to listen for the difference in sound (between inhale and exhale) to be sure the machine is still actually running. (This morning I literally forgot I was on the machine until the phone rang and when I answered it I suddenly had a mouthful of air.) If I've only been awake a short while then going back to a low pressure is what feels weird, so in that situation I just turn off the ramp before restarting the machine.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Ramp Setting
(10-05-2021, 08:57 AM)mcman56 Wrote: So, are you saying auto ramp is a good thing?  It sounds like it would ramp much more quickly than a timed ramp and at the "right" time.

I think it's a good thing, but like most things to each his own.

I miss it on my aircurve.

Prior to moving to the AirCurve, when having a lower ramp pressure was no longer iportant to me. I deliberlat set my Ramp pressure to a value slightly lower than my minimum pressure.  This way I could see how long it took to fall asleep, and if here was ever a power-cycle, I would see it as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 2 76 7 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 180 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,241 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 110 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 176 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 352 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 176 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.