Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 Ramp Setting
AirSense 10 Ramp Setting
I was looking at reducing my ramp time but the numbers do not make sense to me.  The AirSense manual says " Ramp Time can be set to Off, 5 to 45 minutes or Auto".  When I look at Oscar it shows Ramp as 2.  My pressure chart looks more like a ramp of about 15 minutes.  It also looks like there is a number of steps vs a gentile ramp.  Could someone explain?  Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Ramp Setting
I don't see any ramp there at all. The data starts with the pressure already at your minimum setting of 7 cmH2O. The increases later are the machine raising the pressure as it senses you need it.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the 2 in OSCAR under Ramp signifies an Auto function where it could automatically turn ramp off if sleep breath patterns are detected.

I used Ramp one night only on the ResMed ASV and it was terrible for me. I didn't want to shorten my therapy time with ramp taking away any of the needed therapy time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why is there a almost 5 hour missing session?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what is meant about the 5 hours.  I did zoom in to show what kind of ramp I was getting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand that your question is about ramp but also showing the entire night could lead to answers about your therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You had 3 sessions that night represented by coloured bars at the bottom left corner of the screen. The blue one was about 5 hours long. Not sure what he means by missing though. As far as I can tell Oscar just alternates blue and yellow for contrast, I've seen the same in my own data. If the session data was hidden the bar would have been white.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
You are in AutoRamp. AutoRamp stays in Ramp Mode until it believes you're sleeping. (3 minutes of stable breathing).

We know you're using AutoRamp because of the behaviour of how your pressure is increased.
  • When using AutoRamp, the pressure stays fixed at the Ramp Pressure until the switch to therapy mode, then it will increase pressure (at 1cm per minute).
  • When using Timed ramp, the pressure increase starts immediately, and will be a continuous, flat increase from ramp pressure to therapy (minimum) pressure.
This is also confirmed by the pattern of your Flow Rate. If you look at your flow rate, at the time your pressure started increasing, you will see 3 minutes of stable breathing.

The one feature I miss, since moving to an AirCurve from my AutoSet is AutoRamp. Not because I needed a lower ramp pressure, but because I could tell how long it took me to fall asleep.

OSCAR doesn't report AutoRamp properly. I *believe* it displays a 2, and the time as 45 minutes. If you scroll through the your past few nights you'll see the ramp time (flat-line and pressure change) vary from night to night. That's how long (+3 minutes), it took you to fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, are you saying auto ramp is a good thing?  It sounds like it would ramp much more quickly than a timed ramp and at the "right" time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp use is up to you the individual. I myself don't like it as it disrupts sleep and, in myself, it'll cause Central Apnea to be worse. So no Ramp will be set on Dave's machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 399 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.