Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 SD card data
AirSense 10 SD card data
ResMed does not reveal much but my own experiment shows that AirSense 10 SD card stores:

365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)

30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
30 days of high resolution flow data*

* Only available on AirSense 10 AutoSet, AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her, and AirSense 10 Elite (not available on AirSense 10 CPAP)

Its a great improvement from the S9 SD card which only stores 7 days of high resolution flow data
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 SD card data
Hi zonk,
Good to see you back, I was starting to wonder what was going on and where you were.
Sounds like a slight improvement on how much the AirSense 10 will hold on its SD card as aposed to the S9.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish
I had a nasty attack of gastroenteritis and not felt too good
Maybe some bugs flying around or food poisoning of some sort from takeaway food
All well now, back in business Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2015, 04:29 PM)zonk Wrote: Thanks Trish
I had a nasty attack of gastroenteritis and not felt too good
Maybe some bugs flying around or food poisoning of some sort from takeaway food
All well now, back in business Coffee
Hi zonk,
Glad you're well and back in business. :Lots Of Coffee:
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Devices and SD cards: FAQs
Do your patients have questions about the data card used in their therapy device? Find the answers to frequently asked questions about device data here.

Which SD cards can be used with ResMed’s sleep therapy devices (S9TM, AirSenseTM 10, AirCurveTM 10)?

We recommend using the SD (Secure Digital) cards that were supplied by your equipment supplier alongside the sleep therapy device.

Why do you recommend only using SD cards supplied by ResMed?

You should use an SD card that has been supplied by ResMed as these have been validated to conform to legal safety standards.

ResMed has selected several SD cards that conform to legal safety requirements (e.g. IEC 60601-1) and supplies these with the therapy device or as accessories. Not all SD cards on the market conform to legal requirements or have been tested and validated to work with S9 devices.

How much storage do ResMed’s sleep therapy devices use on the SD card?

It varies depending on the sleep therapy device. For example, on an S9 therapy device a 1GB SD card easily stores 365 days of usage data, 30 days of detailed data, and seven days of high-resolution data. On any AirSense 10 or AirCurve 10 therapy device, you can get up to 365 days of usage data, and 30 days of both detailed and high-resolution data

Can my patients use miniSD or microSD cards with their devices?

No. These SD cards would work with their device if they were used with an adapter, but they have not been shown to meet the IEC 60601-1 medical electrical equipment safety requirements for this therapy device. As a result, ResMed recommends that they should not be used.

Can my patients use SDHC, mini SDHC, micro SDHC, or SDXC cards with their therapy devices?

No. Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards, as well as mini and micro SDHC cards and SDXC cards, do not work with any ResMed sleep therapy devices.

Which SD speed classes work with S9 therapy devices?

The SD Speed Class is marked on most SD cards. Class 2 has a guaranteed transfer speed of 2MB per second, Class 4 provides 4MB, and Class 6 provides 6MB. Note that while S9 therapy devices will work with SD cards at these speeds, only ResMed-supplied SD cards should be used.

What is the recommended way to remove an SD card and insert a new one?

On the AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10 therapy devices, you will need to open the SD card cover to access to the SD Card. To remove the SD Card, you need to push the SD card in to release it, and then pull it out. To insert the SD Card, push the SD card into the device until it clicks. We recommend that you insert the SD card when the device is turned off. It is also possible to insert the SD card when the device is powered but not delivering therapy. If the card needs to be removed to check data, please wait at least two minutes after stopping therapy before removing the SD card from the device.

On all AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10, there is a LED next to the SD Card slot indicating when to remove or not the SD Card. When the LED is flashing, you need to wait for the device to have finished using the SD Card. You can then safely remove the SD Card once the LED is off.

One of the following messages is appearing on my patient's S9 device screen: “Invalid SD Card, erase card data? Yes/No”, or “Data rewriting to SD Card, press yes to continue”. What needs to be done?

In this specific situation, the SD card contains unrecognisable files. If you turn the dial to select “Yes”, the summary therapy data will be automatically rewritten to the SD card. If this message appears regularly, please make sure that your patient is not using the card in any other device (e.g. in a laptop or camera), or unplugging the device too soon after stopping therapy (your patient should wait at least two minutes before unplugging the device). http://www.resmed.com/epn/en/commercial-...cards.html
Post Reply Post Reply
"If the card needs to be removed to check data, please wait at least two minutes after stopping therapy before removing the SD card from the device.",

hmm, that is interesting information for people like me doing almost everything they say to not do by using a WiFi card and reading the data via WiFi to my computer every morning. So, it appears we (me) should wait a few minutes after we get up to ensure it has had time to finish writing to the card...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
When I got my new AirSense in December 2016 my supplier was unable to get an SD card for the machine. Does this SD card need specialized formatting or would a regular off-the-shelf card do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi keyclingjxn - Welcome

Any off-the-shelf SD card will work with the Resmed, with the minimum size being 2Gb. I use a WiFi SD card of 16Gb (smallest WiFi card size) without any problems. There isn't any special formatting, it is a standard. Check the SD card first because they usually come preformatted to a FAT(16) format. If not, then you can format it. The required data directories and files will be added when you place it in the Resmed.

Holler, if you have any more questions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 01:48 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I use a WiFi SD card of 16Gb (smallest WiFi card size) without any problems.

I bought a Toshiba FlashAir W-03 8GB last month from Amazon...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks tedgreen. The price on this side of the pond for the 8Gb is almost twice that of a 16Gb and a third higher than a 32Gb. For some reason the 8Gb is prohibitively expensive.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 160 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 477 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.