Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 -- Too sensitive
AirSense 10 -- Too sensitive
Happy new year all!

I just got a replacement AirSense 10 (my on/off button broke on my old one) and the machine seems to be a lot more sensitive than the one I had before.

With the mask on, as soon as I inhale it ramps up instant air pressure. The only way to keep it from happening is to breathe very slowly.

It's set to auto ramp, but seems the pressure threshold is too low?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 -- Too sensitive
Ramp - Auto is supposed to detect when you have fallen asleep and then rise to the prescribed pressure. I don't know how it 'detects' you have fallen asleep but it appears you can 'fool' it. I don't use ramp and I haven't messed with it. If you need it, maybe set it to 5 minutes or however long you usually take to fall asleep. Do you have the right hose and mask type settings?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto Ramp suppose to go on for 30 minutes, unless the machine figure out that you're asleep and then raise the pressure to treatment pressure

I don't believe it works as intended, on occasion when used Auto Ramp, pressure quickly reach minimum pressure while I'm wide awake
You would think, if the machine can figure out whether you're awake or asleep, could also not scoring apnea while you're awake

For this reason, to prevent the machine from scoring junk type apneas while awake, I use normal Ramp for 15 minutes set 10 as minimum pressure so give time to adjust mask fit, settle down on sleeping position, cough, scratch my nose or whatever
Post Reply Post Reply
You can adjust the setting if you want, you have to go into clinical setting under options and set the ramp time and starting pressure you desire.
When I received my new A10 I got a smothering feeling because the setting was 4-20cm/h2o, I like a 5 min ramp with the starting pressure at 6cm/h2o. It works for me, their are lots of different options that can help you sleep.Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2016, 09:24 AM)daveasu Wrote: Happy new year all!

I just got a replacement AirSense 10 (my on/off button broke on my old one) and the machine seems to be a lot more sensitive than the one I had before.

With the mask on, as soon as I inhale it ramps up instant air pressure. The only way to keep it from happening is to breathe very slowly.

It's set to auto ramp, but seems the pressure threshold is too low?

inside clinical setting will be options for trigger .. default is medium .. you can try a higher setting to trigger events.
you might also turn on ramp to if that helps also.

press home and center button for 3 seconds to access clinical menu .. then scroll down to trigger options.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am pretty sure that the Autoset does not have the trigger setting. That is only available on the Resmed bilevel machines.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,
It's been over a year for me now, When I started I used the ramp feature for the first couple weeks trying some different settings (ramp times). Get the clinic manual if you don't have it. Anyway for me I found out I did much better not using the ramp. I would just let it come up to it's minimum pressure and all is well and just let the auto set do it's thing.
Started my therapy with 34 events per hour now after a year it rarely exceeds 1.5, with most nights under 1 and a half a dozen 0's Smile
Good luck!
And..............Sleep-well
Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
Mr. Van Winkle, PaytonA, _cy_, Canuck 2, zonk & AlanE,

THANK YOU all for the replies!

I don't know if this model "learns" as you use it, but the initial post was after the first night. Since then, the machine seems to have adjusted and the sensitivity issue has subsided. This board is an awesome resource!

Have a blessed 2016!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2016, 07:05 AM)daveasu Wrote: Mr. Van Winkle, PaytonA, _cy_, Canuck 2, zonk & AlanE,

THANK YOU all for the replies!

I don't know if this model "learns" as you use it, but the initial post was after the first night. Since then, the machine seems to have adjusted and the sensitivity issue has subsided. This board is an awesome resource!

Have a blessed 2016!

It is indeed an awesome resource. i would be doing far worse with my therapy if I'd not come across the forum. And it's wonderful to be part of such a supportive community. Many thanks guys!

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 06:08 PM)Kadenz Wrote: It is indeed an awesome resource. i would be doing far worse with my therapy if I'd not come across the forum. And it's wonderful to be part of such a supportive community. Many thanks guys!

I couldn't agree more with Kadenz. Truly this is a wonderful place for help and support on OSA.

I think every patient that is diagnosed, or even being tested, should be given this forum's web page and encouraged to join and learn!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [CPAP] Sensitive skin conphil 4 434 09-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: conphil
  Sensitive to flow limitation after 6h of sleep McPhearson99 9 1,175 07-11-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,482 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  Sinus are sensitive to mask pushing against them tsgoodwin23 4 675 11-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.