Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 auto vs AirSense 10 auto for her
Question 
AirSense 10 auto vs AirSense 10 auto for her
First off, thanks for providing so much great information on this forum! I'm meeting with my DME tomorrow to pick up a new APAP machine and decided on the AirSense 10 auto over the DreamStation. Although I've decided on the machine I want, I've heard people mention that even if you're a male it would be better to pick the "for her" model over the standard unit.

It looks like there is one additional algorithm available on the "for her" unit that isn't available on the standard unit and everything else is functionally the same.

Questions:
1. Will I miss out on any functionality in the standard unit if I select the "for her" model?
2. Anyone else that went this route - Did you run into any issues by picking up the "for her" unit?
3. Any other thoughts or input?

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 auto vs AirSense 10 auto for her
I have the "Airsense for Her" model. Basically, you get an extra algorithm to try and you may find that is the one for you! The only disadvantage is that you may have to wait for your machine. My provider, Lincare, did not have it in stock. I had to wait 10 days. Other than that, I prefer the lighter color. I'm sick to death of appliances that are black. Other than that, operationally, there are no differences. The humidifier unit is the same. The buttons are all the same, you use the same supplies. Sleepyhead reads it just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TheJollyLlama,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You won't miss out on anything if you get the for her model, in fact, there is an extra treatment mode on that model.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
A actually asked the same question myself yesterday on another forum as I am also about to purchase one of these units. I am currently using a loan AirSense 10 autoset (Black Unit) and after I had asked the question I thought I would go into the Clinical Mode to check the settings and under "Mode" it actually has three modes available. I thought only the white "For her model" had this feature. See my photo of the screen thats attached!

I am a bit confused as to why the black loan model I am using has these three options when its only Meant to be the the "Airsense 10 Autoset for her" that has it available. Can anyone confirm if their black model also has these three features available?

(03-09-2016, 08:51 PM)TheJollyLlama Wrote: First off, thanks for providing so much great information on this forum! I'm meeting with my DME tomorrow to pick up a new APAP machine and decided on the AirSense 10 auto over the DreamStation. Although I've decided on the machine I want, I've heard people mention that even if you're a male it would be better to pick the "for her" model over the standard unit.

It looks like there is one additional algorithm available on the "for her" unit that isn't available on the standard unit and everything else is functionally the same.

Questions:
1. Will I miss out on any functionality in the standard unit if I select the "for her" model?
2. Anyone else that went this route - Did you run into any issues by picking up the "for her" unit?
3. Any other thoughts or input?

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2016, 10:46 PM)Ronberta Wrote: I am a bit confused as to why the black loan model I am using has these three options when its only Meant to be the the "Airsense 10 Autoset for her" that has it available. Can anyone confirm if their black model also has these three features available?

my elite had "auto" as an option on the menu, but you couldn't select it.

perhaps this is the same, give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can use all three modes on this loan unit. I had it in the "For Her Mode" for a while yesterday to see if I could tell the difference.

(03-09-2016, 10:53 PM)palerider Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 10:46 PM)Ronberta Wrote: I am a bit confused as to why the black loan model I am using has these three options when its only Meant to be the the "Airsense 10 Autoset for her" that has it available. Can anyone confirm if their black model also has these three features available?

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screen shot of Sleepyhead showing I had changed it to the "For Her Mode.

(03-09-2016, 10:53 PM)palerider Wrote:

Post Reply Post Reply
From the info I have garnered from a Resmed re seller, who are actually owned by Resmed, is that the black loan models are a special build that can be loaned to both males and females. You can not actually purchase one exactly the same. In reality they seem to be a "For her" in disguise Bigwink.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that would explain exactly why I have these options on this loan machine then. Thanks for the info :-)

(03-09-2016, 11:11 PM)JamesW Wrote: From the info I have garnered from a Resmed re seller, who are actually owned by Resmed, is that the black loan models are a special build that can be loaned to both males and females. You can not actually purchase one exactly the same. In reality they seem to be a "For her" in disguise Bigwink.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mosquitobait

On your machine in clinical mode do you get these three options to choose from under "mode"?

CPAP
Autoset
Autoset for Her

(03-09-2016, 08:54 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I have the "Airsense for Her" model. Basically, you get an extra algorithm to try and you may find that is the one for you! The only disadvantage is that you may have to wait for your machine. My provider, Lincare, did not have it in stock. I had to wait 10 days. Other than that, I prefer the lighter color. I'm sick to death of appliances that are black. Other than that, operationally, there are no differences. The humidifier unit is the same. The buttons are all the same, you use the same supplies. Sleepyhead reads it just fine.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 447 17 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 5 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,435 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.