Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 for her questions
RE: AirSense 10 for her questions
(11-30-2015, 11:19 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Yes. It would seem so.

Why are you using a FFM? Did you try something less obtrusive first such as nasal pillows?

I tend to breath through my mouth so a nasal mask won't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can train yourself to breathe through your nose using the tongue method discussed elsewhere in the forum. I thought I was a mouth breather too until I tried the pillows and noticed that I could keep my mouth closed most of time. Occasionally I do open it but not enough to have large leaks and never often enough to have invalid results. If it were me I would give it a chance, use a chinstrap if necessary, and try to make the pillows work as it is the least invasive "mask".
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2015, 08:46 PM)Sleepless12 Wrote: Hello all,

I have recently been diagnosed with very severe sleep apnea (AHI 64) and started using my AirSense 10 for her. I have only used it for one night but could not sleep very well. I am okay with the pressure, but not the mask. I will continue using it, of course, as I understand that it is important. I just hope I will get used to it. However, I am extremely tired because I've only gotten a couple of hours of sleep with this device, and I don't anticipate getting a good night's sleep anytime in the next several days since it takes me a LONG time to get used to new places, devices, etc.

My question is this: When I look at the report it says my AHI is 1.3. Does that mean it's my new AHI with the treatment for that one specific night?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Is there any special reason why you're using a full face mask? If not, you might want to try a nasal cushion or pillow mask - they are much less intrusive, and as long as you can manage not to mouth-breathe, they work just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 126 2 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 137 3 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 144 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 243 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 351 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 565 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 306 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.