Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newbie looking to get machine dialed in
newbie looking to get machine dialed in
Just started APAP on Tuesday night, so far feeling like I am doing well getting used to everything. But wanted to see if there is anything I should do at this point to get the machine better dialed in to me. I have noticed a slight increase in CA events as the week has gone on.

Thank you, this board has been great, I have been lurking all week trying to learn what I can.

Airesence 11 APAP N20 Nose mask
Pre CPAP AHI 10 RDI 15, most AHI events during REM at 28AHI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: newbie looking to get machine dialed in
Things look quite grand. You have done a very good job with your pressure and other settings. The central apnoea's are likely TECA (Treatment Emergent Central Apnoea) and will start reducing over a few days to weeks. If not we can address them later.

Consider increasing your min pressure from 6 to 7 and reducing the max pressure from 20 to 14. 

So the change to settings would be:

Min pressure 7
Max pressure 14
EPR 1 full-time
No ramp

Depending on how the flow limitations look after that change you could move EPR from 1 to 2. One change at a time, so let us see how you respond to the pressure change first.

Give that a go for a day to two and we can help adjust from there. Lots of very smart folks here to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for taking the time to help I will make this change tonight and see how the next couple days go.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say that worked out well Thanks

AHI down to 0.12, and I didnt wake up that I remember at least with air flowing out of my mouth. I know my apena was mild to start with but that was the best night of sleep I can remember in a long long time. Hopefully this continues

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,830 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 125 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 205 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 187 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 510 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 302 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 277 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.