Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 no longer detects heated hose
AirSense 10 no longer detects heated hose
I've been using a heated hose on my AirSense 10 for a long time with no issues. Today when I plugged the hose in, it doesn't detect that a heated hose is plugged in so I can't set the hose temperature. I tried another heated hose, but the problem is still there. Must be a problem with the machine. Is this something that I can fix so I don't have to send out for repair?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 no longer detects heated hose
The connector at the CPAP's hose base, connects with the motherboard with a flimsy ribbon cable. I would place my odds that it broke if the hose was rotated during a connect or disconnect.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2022, 12:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The connector at the CPAP's hose base, connects with the motherboard with a flimsy ribbon cable.  I would place my odds that it broke if the hose was rotated during a connect or disconnect.

Thanks for the reply! The connecter has the ability to rotate 90 degrees, so if it's designed to rotate, why would the cable break? If it is broken, it sounds like the average person should attempt to repair, correct? 
Post Reply Post Reply
Any electrical connector that is designed to move can still fatigue and break. Wait until you see how it is connected. You might question why it didn't break sooner.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Is this hard to repair yourself? If not, are there instructions somewhere?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just took apart a (new to me) AirSense 10 over the weekend to disinfect and clean it thoroughly and I can attest that the ribbon cable is rather flimsy.  Sorry I did not take any pictures of the cable itself to show but I believe repairing it depends on where the cable actually broke.  I was curious to look specifically at the cable because the way the tube comes out of the AS10 points towards the wrong direction to my bed. I was wondering if I could make it turn the other way (apparently not).

Anyway, depending on your technical capability it is worth a try.  There are a couple of videos on how to take the AS10 apart on Youtube where you can have an idea on how the ribbon cable is attached.  It seems to be common knowledge that internal replacement parts for any CPAP units are not available for sale anywhere.  Some people resort to purchasing broken units and cannibalize them for parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! It actually started to work again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question Hose volume Willw 4 232 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 604 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 227 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.