Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 side cover filter ?
AirSense 10 side cover filter ?
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a side cover for my Airsense10 and it came out with I think, a filter in it. The question I have is, is it really a filter ? I have not see any filter for the side cover on the web, so i'm really wandering what it is.

Thanks !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 side cover filter ?
My side cover looks different...no filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's not the side cover made by Resmed for the AirSense 10. Not sure what you have there.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have just looked at my side cover which i do not use. It also has the foam inside. I do not think this is a filter nor user replaceable as it was hard to get the clips undone. I think this is in the end cover as a means absorbing sound to reduce the noise of air flowing through the end cover. Put the white plastic piece back on the end cover and use it no need to mess with it. The air is already filtered by this point and the foam is too porous to catch anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I concur with jaswilliams. The foam appears to used for sound deadening.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

This is what I have. Seems to be made different.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same exact side cover as Walla Walla.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is happening is Gestal has removed the white plastic Dome thingy (Technical here) from the end plate and the foam is inside. All of the end plates are the same. the photo is just an unusual view. Walla Walla your end plate would look the same if the black plastic was removed and a photo taken from that side... I do not believe the end plate should be dismantled in the way Gestal has...
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. I understand now.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response everyone. I opened it just to clean it up, nothing more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 118 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.