Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask, light and no forehead bar?
RE: Full Face Mask, light and no forehead bar?
Thanks surferdude.
Sounds interesting and I will definitely check it out, might even splurge out and spend the .99c and download some.
Will get back to you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for everyone's advice on trying a chinstrap.
I have done, and it has made a world of difference to my leaks. I should have put one on ages ago. I just didn't want to.
I don't like wearing it but realise it has now become part of the package. Without it, it is a waste of time wearing the mask.
All was going well for a week or so and next thing leaks started again, so I changed my pillow and now between the new pillow and the chinstrap I mostly have a respectable number for my leaks every night.

Thanks for the advice about not rushing out and buying a FF mask. I really don't think I could handle one of them after the P10.

Surferdude, I downloaded an app with some white noise and it is very relaxing.
On this board we learn something new every day.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2014, 10:39 PM)Gabby Wrote: Surferdude, I downloaded an app with some white noise and it is very relaxing.
On this board we learn something new every day.

Yep. I didn't even know the Beach Boys had an app...

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2014, 04:17 PM)readyforsleep Wrote: . . .
It is a totally different ball game with the full face mask. You look and feel like someone suited up for I don'know what. You start sleeping on your back because it is uncomfortable to sleep on the mask. Sleeping on your back raises new issues and before you know it you are wearing a backpack to bed filled with uncomfortable things so you don't sleep on your back.
. . .

Hi readyforsleep,
Just a gentle reminder - any one person's experience with masks and pressure may have little bearing on another person's experience.

I have used 2 FF masks since starting in Jan 2014 - the ResMed Mirage Quattro, and presently the F&P Simplus. I try very hard not to sleep on my back, as that raises my AHI substantially. As a side-sleeper, I have successfully used both masks. The Mirage was somewhat finicky, but I have no trouble with the Simplus. On occasion, I have found myself with my face buried in my pillow, and not caused significant leak.

I'm sorry your experience with a FFM was less than pleasant, but many of us do not have that trouble.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Under my avatar, there is a "Warning Level: 0%" - what is that and what does it mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2014, 08:25 PM)DNB128 Wrote: Under my avatar, there is a "Warning Level: 0%" - what is that and what does it mean?

It means you are a good girl. If you were not a good girl, it would say something like "Warning Level: 10%" The only one that can see that is you. I can see mine. Mine does not indicate I have been a good boy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2014, 08:53 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(08-29-2014, 08:25 PM)DNB128 Wrote: Under my avatar, there is a "Warning Level: 0%" - what is that and what does it mean?

It means you are a good girl. If you were not a good girl, it would say something like "Warning Level: 10%" The only one that can see that is you. I can see mine. Mine does not indicate I have been a good boy.

Yep - go here for further explanation of forum Warning Levels:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-explained

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Becker, you are so right. I too have the Simplus and I LOVE IT. However, From my experience with 1st nasal pillows and now a ffmask, if I had a choice I would work very hard to make the nasal pillows work. I guess I got spoiled with the nasal pillows. Hope this makes my statement a little clearer.

(08-29-2014, 04:08 PM)becker44a Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 04:17 PM)readyforsleep Wrote: . . .
It is a totally different ball game with the full face mask. You look and feel like someone suited up for I don'know what. You start sleeping on your back because it is uncomfortable to sleep on the mask. Sleeping on your back raises new issues and before you know it you are wearing a backpack to bed filled with uncomfortable things so you don't sleep on your back.
. . .

Hi readyforsleep,
Just a gentle reminder - any one person's experience with masks and pressure may have little bearing on another person's experience.

I have used 2 FF masks since starting in Jan 2014 - the ResMed Mirage Quattro, and presently the F&P Simplus. I try very hard not to sleep on my back, as that raises my AHI substantially. As a side-sleeper, I have successfully used both masks. The Mirage was somewhat finicky, but I have no trouble with the Simplus. On occasion, I have found myself with my face buried in my pillow, and not caused significant leak.

I'm sorry your experience with a FFM was less than pleasant, but many of us do not have that trouble.

2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,430 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 450 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,454 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 10,976 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 679 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.