Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Foreign travel with CPAP
Foreign travel with CPAP
I have a ResMed S9 AutoSet with nasal mask. Does anyone have experience traveling to Europe with a similar CPAP? Any problem with the voltage (like your machine blowing up)? It's supposed to be usable (with adapter, of course), but I'm a bit wary. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Foreign travel with CPAP
Hi atk1031
From ResMed: Can I use my ResMed CPAP system in other countries?
All ResMed CPAP systems have a power supply that automatically adjusts to the various power supplies in different parts of the world. All devices will accept 100-240V, 50-60Hz, without any special adjustment.

Please note:
you will need to use the correct plug adapter for the power outlet of the country you are visiting.

Bon Voyage
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two different plug adapters for Europe.
There are the Brits with their 3 prong 240 VAC plug; and then the continent where a simple two prong round pin adapter is needed.
Brit plug:
[Image: 220px-Moulded_and_rewireable_BS_1363_plu...tal%29.jpg]

Brit outlets have switches -- so make sure the outlet is switched on; and their plugs are internally fused. (Shocking!)

Europlug for the continent:
[Image: 220px-Euro-Flachstecker_2.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find an all-in-one power adapter just about anywhere now. Look in the mobile tech section of Walmart, Target, or any place like that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2014, 05:13 PM)atk1031 Wrote: I have a ResMed S9 AutoSet with nasal mask. Does anyone have experience traveling to Europe with a similar CPAP? Any problem with the voltage (like your machine blowing up)? It's supposed to be usable (with adapter, of course), but I'm a bit wary. Thanks!

I have traveled to Europe several times with my machine. For quite a few years now, the ResMed and Respironics, and other machines have had so-called universal power supply that tolerates the 240V, 50 cycle power used in most of Europe. Like you I was very nervous the first time I tried it, but I have used three different machines in maybe 10 countries with no problems. You will need to get compatible socket adapters, but department stores, AAA offices, or on-line all sell them.I do urge having an extension cord because you may not find an outlet in reach of your bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I was pretty sure it was OK, but it's a relief to have this reassurance. I do have several adapters, but hadn't thought of an extension cord. Good suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like to use cords like this: [commercial link removed per Apnea Board rules. as an alternative, please tell folks to "search Amazon for '6-Feet European Power Cord for Notebook, Non-Polarized'" - this will get them to the product without posting the direct link]

You have to bring a cord for the power brick anyway, you might as well bring the right cord for country you visit. Since I don't need an adapter with this method, it saves a little bulk.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 615 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,446 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,187 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 440 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 754 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 26,897 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 992 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.